Create-a-Taco Throwdown and contest!

Who Won?

• Total voters
D3monic said:
Thanks, hopefully there's some more entries before this ends, think it goes for the weekend. I saved about a 1.5 lb of the pork to make tamales again next week. Going to freeze a bunch. Maybe make some super spicy
Picking up some lamb this morning in preparation.....

Second Place wins this:

9ypv5FJl.jpg

will post up ingredients and process once its done.  Slow roasted pulled mexican lamb, with avocado sauce, refried mexican black beans, mexican rice, and tomato and corn salsa.  Progress pics with lamb and avocado sauce.  Given all you ten fiddy fiends, and it is a token entry, my POL is ten fiddy.  Just seemed right.  

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

Bumper said:
will post up ingredients and process once its done.  Slow roasted pulled mexican lamb, with avocado sauce, refried mexican black beans, mexican rice, and tomato and corn salsa.  Progress pics with lamb and avocado sauce.  Given all you ten fiddy fiends, and it is a token entry, my POL is ten fiddy.  Just seemed right.  

attachicon.gif
IMG_0841.jpg

attachicon.gif
IMG_0843.jpg

attachicon.gif
IMG_0845.jpg

attachicon.gif
IMG_0844.jpg

attachicon.gif
IMG_0847.jpg

That avocado sauce looks on point. Can't wait to see the recipe
grantmichaels said:
Oh boy, here comes a good one ... although I don't know or not if I like lamb, haven't tried it in a couple of decades (again, yet) ...

Every time I try it , it reminds me of the smell at the monkey house in the zoo. Though I won't let that hinder my visual judgment of this dish. 

I had it first the classic way w/ mint jelly ... it was yuck ...

I have to believe it can be different, and good ... because I mostly just like meat ...

D3monic said:

Every time I try it , it reminds me of the smell at the monkey house in the zoo. Though I won't let that hinder my visual judgment of this dish. 

You haven't had it done well then bud.  Tandoori leg of lamb is one of my all time favorite things - especially with lots of garlic naan. :)

D3monic said:
Just made mah belly growl, looks tasty. Time's running out, run aussy run! 
Lol.  FWIW it doesn't smell like monkey.  At all.  

Not that it really matters, but how much time have we got left?  I have a few more hours of winter pruning to do in the garden before knocking over the rest of the sides.  Although this is close to being a lamb and avo sauce smash as is right now, when compared with left over pizza currently heating for lunch...

It closes at 11.59pm (not sure if that's server, central or monkey balls time) but since you're in OZ i'm sure it hardly matters. Says USA only but don't let that stop you from posting up the pics and recipe  :party:

Full of dos capas and beer.  Here goes. 

Pulled Lamb

2.3kg leg of lamb bone in
2 dried ancho chiles
2 dried guagillo chiles
4 dried arbol chiles
1tbsp heaped of JHP lemon drop powder
2 tablespoons apple cider
5 large garlic cloves
1 teaspoon cumin seeds - heaped
1 teaspoon dried thyme
4 cloves