• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Crimson Hot and Strawberry's

Sizzle Lips

Extreme Member
Had a rain day off from work today...why not get another ferment started.I am trying something a little different....considering this is only my second ferment and my first one is still resting nicely in the crock.....almost a month and have not even peeked inside....its killing me. :lol:
Today im using ........

2 lbs Crimson Hot
1 lbs Fresh Strawberry's
6-8 Big cloves fresh garlic
1 Med sweet onion

Starter = 3 Tablespoons whey from greek yogurt.

Diced everything in the chopper and added the whey...To much for one jar so I split it...made a brine of 2 tblsp pickling salt and 2 cups room temp filtered water.I put my food grade mesh and weights that I made from cheesecloth bags with marbles to keep things under the brine....and the added security of an airlock.

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

The thing I like about the jars is.......I can see whats going on. :cheers:

Well its been 70 days...time to make some sauce.....this batch turned out much better than my first try....I let it ferment longer,cooked it twice and blended twice.I only got 9 bottles but it was a small batch.The ph was 3.1 raw and I added a half cup wine vinegar and just under a quarter teaspoon of xanthan gum.....gave me the perfect texture I was looking for...final ph was almost the same 3.2.

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

All labeled up and ready to go.....my sauce is for friends and family but I did stick a simple ingrediant label on the back.....just in case somebody is alergic to something.

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg

I really think all the extra fermenting time,cooking twice and blending the snot out of it made all the difference in the world......next batch up is my ......TOXIC Tropical Jalapeno....in about a month.

hotstepper said:
Beautiful man well done! Looks delish! Out of curiosity, did you have a service bureau print your labels?
I design the labels and just get Vista Print to print them out on heavy glossy stock....the ingrediant label I do on my printer.

That looks delicious! How did the strawberry taste come through? I'm trying my own right now and have been waiting to see your results. You inspired me to try a strawberry hot sauce and man did you come through, great job!

Back