• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid crossing

Chocolate Habolokia f2(2008)..Choc Hab x Bhutt Jolokia

mini-DSC02504.jpg

mini-DSC02503.jpg

mini-DSC02507.jpg

mini-DSC02510.jpg

Oh man, that looks AWESOME. How does it taste? Get any of that smoky choc hab goodness?

Any seeds to spare? :)

Yep it retains a lovely deep smokey flavor,with a wonderful deep bite spreading deeply quickly like a bhutt should and was a Bangladesh strain,Not Frontal or NMSU.Was a planned cross,My Friend Luigi has also done some Interesting naga/Jolokia crosses to.:)

Looks like a great cross Talas how are the pods, is there much variation between shape and size compared to other pods from its siblings

How many generations of these are there? Is it stable? Where/how would a fellow get some seeds. Is there an established amount of begging and pleading that has to be met prior to getting seeds? A standard bribe? A shot at my ex? Beautiful lady on the outside.

peppermanbaha said:
can any1 else post any crosses

I was just wondering about crosses I am not experienced enough to do it yet.I grow mostly superhots but have been thinking about a Poblano crossed with something with Jalapeno heat or hotter. For chile rellenos.Is anybody working on anything like this already.

I'm not. But i have poblano and habanero plants growing at two weks old. And maybe when they get older i'll coss. I'll probably use the first flower each plant has.

peppermanbaha said:
I'm not. But i have poblano and habanero plants growing at two weks old. And maybe when they get older i'll coss. I'll probably use the first flower each plant has.

Good luck with that. I was thinking of keeping it as simple as possible with the Poblano and Jalapeno both being Annuums.I am trying for the size of the Poblano and heat of Jalapeno.

People have done crossed with Habanero's and Bell's and it resulted in a slightly hotter Bell. I'm guessing a continued generational re-crossing would be needed to produce anything interesting....

imaguitargod said:
People have done crossed with Habanero's and Bell's and it resulted in a slightly hotter Bell. I'm guessing a continued generational re-crossing would be needed to produce anything interesting....

That's along the lines that I was thinking.I have two poblanos planted I will try to cross with the pepper that I use for my avatar I don't know what it is so I can't tell you the name but it is much hotter than a Jalapeno grows like an Annuum. I don't expect much since I have never done before.

After failed attempts i have succesfully crossed a banglore torpedo (frutescens) With a 7pot type ( chinense ). I have a string around the flower. We'l see what becomes of it. I was thinking of 7pot haitian goat cross but this is more fun to do an interspecies marriage.

So. I'm on to the first step to creating the worlds hottest pepper . Take thet omri whahahahaha. Cough Cough

Back