• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling CypressHill1973 my grill & BBQ in Argentina

You do not learned to cook "el asado" like him? 

This is learned watching do it.  Nor is it difficult if can cook your food: The basic rule is the amount of heat. if you know this... do it!

Today I brought a monster brisket 4.39 kg = 9 pound. That is the more bigger it I seeing before and buy me.

2015-03-14%252013.46.20.jpg

2015-03-14%252013.47.50.jpg

2015-03-14%252013.48.00.jpg

2015-03-14%252013.57.02.jpg

2015-03-14%252014.03.15.jpg

Usually I take to the next day into the smoker,  I like more this way. The meats repose better if slow cooling.

Tomorrow I have some fish for smoked. But I will do these fish at cold smoked. This way goes it 48 or 72 hours to smoke. I have two methods for I try. Never make it before.

There are problems w/ the cook runnning toooo long, too, I think ...

I mean, the brisket I've been eating this week has been good ... but the best one of all, so far, was the one where I had trouble w/ the temps, and it ran 245F to 265F the whole time ...

Booma's just cooked one at 275F, too.

I think brisket handles higher temp better than other items for smoking, and if you are higher, you can sometimes cook through w/o the stall because it's been evaporating earlier ...

There's at least one famous brisket guy who cooks them at 325F, so I'm going to try the next one that way (I didn't want to experiment in any way w/ the wagyu one) ...

grantmichaels said:
There are problems w/ the cook runnning toooo long, too, I think ...

I mean, the brisket I've been eating this week has been good ... but the best one of all, so far, was the one where I had trouble w/ the temps, and it ran 245F to 265F the whole time ...

Booma's just cooked one at 275F, too.

I think brisket handles higher temp better than other items for smoking, and if you are higher, you can sometimes cook through w/o the stall because it's been evaporating earlier ...

There's at least one famous brisket guy who cooks them at 325F, so I'm going to try the next one that way (I didn't want to experiment in any way w/ the wagyu one) ...
275 to stall then wrap and keep cooking until peek temp...your brisket will make love to your mouth a few hours later ;) 

cypresshill1973 said:

These temps make a oven with smoke. The meat will hard

In the Weber, I agree - it would burn too much fuel and be smokey ... I use briquets there.

In the Akorn (it's an inexpensive kamado, insulated porcelainized steel instead of ceramic), there's not much doing in the lump for it to be 325F, and it's low smoke ...
cypresshill1973 said:
I think that you can cook at 225f to 3hours. Then wrap in foil and cook the rest of the time in your oven at very low temperatures.

I love you.

I am not doing this, but I know *this* will work fine.

I always say  I'm just going hit it hard w/ the fruit woods at 225-240F up to the stall, and then wrap it up and throw it in the oven at 200F for as long as you want, and then turn the oven off, and let it rest in there another while ...

I never did it, but mostly only because I didn't want to hear people bitch and moan about using the oven ...

Now that I've added the Sansaire, I'll be able to finish the cook in sous vide. I couldn't w/ the Sous Vide Supreme because there's not room enough for a brisket.

Coming soon.

Wait! You have a vacuum machine... Then wrap the brisket vacuum and soak in hot water for 3 or 4 hours. So you will have the most tender brisket you've seen.

Vacuum packaging will not lose any of the advantages of smoke in the first 3 hours.

Back