• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D|KiNG's Humble growlog...2012---little girls sprinkle some powder on their food

so.... again this is my 1st year of planting peppers... i know i know some i bought at the store/arborateum/people but i also planted some frome seeds and have learned so much.... here are a couple of my mistakes
IMG_2883.jpg
my girls decided to help daddy and put a TON of water in these bhuts...
IMG_2882.jpg
what can i do to revive them???
IMG_2901.jpg
started off strong now this.... why did it become weak like this???
IMG_2900.jpg
IMG_2903.jpg
IMG_2902.jpg
purchased some jamaican scotch bonnets from TRADEWINDS... and this is what i got so for from this packetno i didn't mislabel them or did i mix my seeds up...will the real jamaican please stand up...
IMG_2899.jpg
IMG_2898.jpg
IMG_2897.jpg
IMG_2896.jpg
other pics can be found on herehttp://thehotpepper....started-a-blog/http://thehotpepper....ot-pepper-pics/

Dont know if you see my protector in the middle. Taking care of the yellow mushroom

d3d2ebfc.jpg

I couldn't wait to put some seedlings I the aero for a test run so thought I'd improvise.

72ca336e.jpg

37d8d553.jpg

Using this nutrient.
3023d3e7.jpg

my pepper killer last year.. these japanese beatle grubs are HORRIBLE!! found this big sucker in my planter box that had nothing in it....still managed to get bigger!!

92955b4e.jpg

dd068130.jpg

d3b342da.jpg

Hey, I just checked out your gog for the first time. Your set up is pretty sweet. Being a nube, its interesting to see the different ways to grow.
And that grub, holy cow! That thing looks like something from a horror movie, :lol: Did I really see teeth? HAHA
:cheers:
Aaron

Finally transplanted most of the bigger plants in their final resting place :). Trying to figure out where to set them down due to my dogs messing with them(digging them up). And in the midst of the move, one became a victim

Poor 7pot yellow.

7d0c9393.jpg

Should the leaves look like this on the manzano. Or is it in need of water...

8601cd4e.jpg

This location gets the AM sun from 0900-1300. Some manage to survive the heat still have a few I have to shade...

cecc71c6.jpg

Budding.

13616493.jpg

From the aerogarden. In 2 days it's looking like this already. (glow in the dark
5c797d2f.jpg

87fd36c2.jpg

Great GLog, just ran across it as it was the top of the list! I love the fact that you are rocking the non-standard grow setup. I have been thinkin about ways to grow a few plants when I head overseas this next deployment, and with the success you have had, I think I may have found my answer!

Can't wait to see more!

The Manzano needs water for sure. They can handle a bit more water than others can. Looking great! nice to see at least a few of the live ones I gave away found a good home. Thinking the ones I sent elsewhere are probably already dead. Glad your aerogarden is working for you too. They look like fun. That would be just the ticket for my barracks grow! Hmmmmmm...

MG... thanks for dropping by...im only on the top of the list because i update every so often.. HAHahhaha but yes.. i dont have al the high tech setup everyone has.. i dont have the good nutes and soil lots of people have... just getting into the mix this year..thanks!!

Shane... im a dad.. so i have my father instinct... im glad i had the opportunity to accept them from you..ive also grown cichlids puppies.. and 2 girls...so i love caring for young ones... tell you the truth i was scared meeting up with you.. so much wrong with this world that i hesitated going.. but both the wife and i are glad we went to see you. cant wait for them to produce. as for the aerogardens...get one.. its awesome... imma feed the manzanos now

and thanks heads up PINOYPRIDE... i put back the cover and the aerogarden and 2 hrs later...moisture helped pop the helmet!!

keep on watching.. ill get to where you guys are at

MG... thanks for dropping by...im only on the top of the list because i update every so often.. HAHahhaha but yes.. i dont have al the high tech setup everyone has.. i dont have the good nutes and soil lots of people have... just getting into the mix this year..thanks!!

Shane... im a dad.. so i have my father instinct... im glad i had the opportunity to accept them from you..ive also grown cichlids puppies.. and 2 girls...so i love caring for young ones... tell you the truth i was scared meeting up with you.. so much wrong with this world that i hesitated going.. but both the wife and i are glad we went to see you. cant wait for them to produce. as for the aerogardens...get one.. its awesome... imma feed the manzanos now

and thanks heads up PINOYPRIDE... i put back the cover and the aerogarden and 2 hrs later...moisture helped pop the helmet!!

keep on watching.. ill get to where you guys are at

im glad that i can help u out with your aerogarden :P...i have 3 if them suckas...i have all 7embers growing already on my other aerogarden.

Damn...where's the dislike button! I hear ya on the nervous thing. Can't be too careful these days. Hope you get that pup under control.

Stc- Shane's plants that I adopted.

3b095f4e.jpg

Bishops crown

9413a4d4.jpg

Yellow large

d8e04590.jpg

Manzano recovered after being smashed by the aerogarden

d9b8ec73.jpg

Goccio d'oro

b00dccaa.jpg

Plants tolerating the 110* temp. In the greenhouse

34a70938.jpg

Manzano baby

6e29b978.jpg

English cucumber.

You've got quite the collection going now Dennis. Looks like things are going well over at your place!

At one point you asked me about the plants I got from the Arboretum, here they are:

IMG00149-20120515-1136.jpg

From left to right: Jamaican Hot Yellow, Trinidad Scorpion, Caribbean Red, Bhut Jolokia, Trinidad Scorpion

I crush up eggshells to give the plants calcium. My middle sized pit just cant seem to stay away from them...

I surprised her this last time... I took placenta from Habaneros and rubbed the egg shell, and burried the egg shell beneath some of the placenta.

She dug ONCE more, and she has ignored the rest.

The last batch of plants I potted up, I simply rubbed the egg shells... The lesson was learned apparently because she's stayed out of these so far as well. Not sure if she can smell the Capsaicin, or if it was just a lesson well learned about not digging in my pots. Either way, problem solved :D

This works for her digging in other areas as well... I bury the seeds + placenta of the Jalapenos I pick green in the holes she digs, she has yet to re-dig one of the holes...

if its not one pest... its another what are these SPOT looking bugs.. looks like little oval spots.. but are actually alive and making my plants wilt...no aphids... how to elimintate them without hurting the plant

bf778223.jpg

eaa34c18.jpg

7104caf8.jpg

Back