• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D|KiNG's Humble growlog...2012---little girls sprinkle some powder on their food

so.... again this is my 1st year of planting peppers... i know i know some i bought at the store/arborateum/people but i also planted some frome seeds and have learned so much.... here are a couple of my mistakes
IMG_2883.jpg
my girls decided to help daddy and put a TON of water in these bhuts...
IMG_2882.jpg
what can i do to revive them???
IMG_2901.jpg
started off strong now this.... why did it become weak like this???
IMG_2900.jpg
IMG_2903.jpg
IMG_2902.jpg
purchased some jamaican scotch bonnets from TRADEWINDS... and this is what i got so for from this packetno i didn't mislabel them or did i mix my seeds up...will the real jamaican please stand up...
IMG_2899.jpg
IMG_2898.jpg
IMG_2897.jpg
IMG_2896.jpg
other pics can be found on herehttp://thehotpepper....started-a-blog/http://thehotpepper....ot-pepper-pics/

Do they look like little cacoons? If so they may be aphids that got hit by one of our friends the aphid wasp...not sure that's the technical name for them, but they basically lay their eggs in the aphids and then their young develop in them.

I've tried taking off on some plants. But one plant is
Covered with it and is wilting already. I isolated it already. Anyways. Here's an update from the aerogarden. Sowed 5/08/12. 4 days later they were hooking. 10 days. This is how they look.

8ce4043b.jpg

5c1349fa.jpg

This is experiment. Already grown hab. I cleaned out the soil and put it in the aero. No new growth. But a ton of new roots.

7c6fc731.jpg

My first attempt in tomato cloning

e15be6be.jpg

Happy birthday to me. On our way to temecula for wine tour.

5841021c.jpg

Flat tire on the road in traffic. Went to big o and then his happened

471d4bb4.jpg

Shop has to close. Wine tour cancelled. Gotta come back to spend money on the car.

Btw while waiting for the tow truck battery died.

Happy birthday to me. On our way to temecula for wine tour.

5841021c.jpg

Flat tire on the road in traffic. Went to big o and then his happened

471d4bb4.jpg

Shop has to close. Wine tour cancelled. Gotta come back to spend money on the car.

Btw while waiting for the tow truck battery died.
Sucker-fish man, that stinks BIG TIME! If it rains it pours eh? Well, hope the rest of your b-day don't go so sucky!

Sorry bro...makes you feel any better my 16yo daughter backed into a parked car today! She damaged both driver's side doors on it...no real damage to my pickup though. Can't wait to see what our insurance rated jump to!

Hope you have a great B-day in spite of the bummer on the road...could have been much worse happening in LA traffic like it did.

You just made up my mind...
scotchbonnets.jpg

The little guy on the right is yours, we'll figure out how to get it to ya when we can.

Happy Birthday!
Shane

Nice pods there. I'm a little jealous, so far only my Thai Hot is producing, but at least its crazy productive for a 6' tall plant.

Sorry to see / hear about the vehicular issues, that's always a bummer. I'm never sure which would be worse - the flat that ruins your weekend or the one that makes you late / miss work.

How can I harden when we have random days of sunlight.
e334b465.jpg

I'm not sure what you are complaining about here.

if its not one pest... its another what are these SPOT looking bugs.. looks like little oval spots.. but are actually alive and making my plants wilt...no aphids... how to elimintate them without hurting the plant

eaa34c18.jpg

Is that some kind of scale?

King D. Small package of heat headed your way. Let me know when they arrive. Consider it a late birthday present:)

between you and frosty I decided to get into the DIY Hydro game... Just set up one, uploading the pictures now... but I'm pretty excited about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNVHF82nx40
video update

I'm not sure what you are complaining about here.

Is that some kind of scale?

PAUL--i was complaining because i was trying to HARDEN my plants at that time and we would have cold days...HOT days..and rainy days.. so was hard for them to harden...
yes they are SCALE insects.. i still had some lady bugs and tossed them in mini greenhouse and are now all gone...

King D. Small package of heat headed your way. Let me know when they arrive. Consider it a late birthday present:)
romy6--- will do.. thanks a lot for the heat!!

between you and frosty I decided to get into the DIY Hydro game... Just set up one, uploading the pictures now... but I'm pretty excited about it.

would love to see pics of them DIY hydro setup

overwintered plant from smokemaster .. name this pepper???

132277b7.jpg

f57a56ea.jpg

milkweed bug friend or foe?

went to prune the leaves with leaf miners.. and also went back in the house with this....btw how do i get rid of leaf miners aside removing infected leaves... they are in my pepper plants and my nonpepper plants as well...

688d5ece.jpg

btw

I was wondering about the leaf miners as well.

My tomato plants seem to be growing faster than the miners are spreading, so I'm not too worried about them... I picked the infected leaves off last week any way, just to keep a handle on them.

My grandmother was told to take a mild soap (NOT ANTIBACTERIAL) and mix a tablespoon or so per gallon, and spray the plants, let it sit for a while, and then spray them again.

from what I understand though, she didn't know not to use antibacterial, and nuked her tomatoes.

I would think even under ideal circumstances this would be hard on your plants...

Back