• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3monic's Crossing Project/Community Grow

Click for Currently Crossed ListWill keep it updated as new crosses are added.

Butch T Yellow and Bahamian Goat won the poll!
  1. Aji Omni Color (4 votes [8.16%]
  2. bullet_star_rated.png
     Bahamian Goat (14 votes [28.57%]
  3. bullet_star_rated.png
     Butch T Yellow (9 votes [18.37%]
  4. Aji Crystal (3 votes [6.12%] 
  5. Caribbean Red Habanero (3 votes [6.12%]
  6. Paper Lantern Habanero (7 votes [14.29%] 
  7. Bolsa De Dulce (3 votes [6.12%]
  8. White Bhut (6 votes [12.24%] 

Alrighty folks! It's almost plant out time and that means that my basement and lights are going to be freed up for some crossing projects through the summer. 

I have 4 DWC buckets available for growing peppers indoors all summer. (not to mention racks for seedling growout)
2 spots are already taken by White Fatalii and CGN-21500.

These Plants will be the Base for all my other crosses. Meaning that I will use pollen from plants that are outdoors in the rest of my collection crossed with these. These will be tagged and harvested and grown out in the basement to choose phenos. I'm planning on going for taste more than heat. 

Plants to choose from  

My biggest focus will be crossing the White Fatalii with CGN-21500 but will do plenty of other crosses with them as well. 

Here is my entire grow list and potential candidates to be crossed with my final choices (hope that makes sense)

Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Scorpion
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil
Bulsa de dulce
Aji Omni-color
Aji Limon
Fidalga Roxa
White Bullet Hab
Paper Lantern Hab.
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii
White Bhut jolokia
Urfa Biber
Inca Berry
Caribbean Red Hab
Aji Pineapple
BG7
Orange Wild Brazil
Goatsweed
Chocolate Habanero
Mystery Hababhut?
Scotch Bonnets
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"
Fooled you jalapeno
Yellow Primo
White Devils tongue
7pot Yellow brainstrain
Trinidad Giant yellow congo
Bahamian goat
Aji Crystal
Cumari do Para
Carolina Reaper
7pot Yellow
Yaki brown
Xalapa Jalapeno
Pink Tiger 
Criola Sella
7pot White 
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso) F2 
Aji Amarillo 
MOA Scotch Bonnet 
Champion (baccatum)
Large Orange Thai (growdown throwdown)
Yellow bhut
Australian Lantern Habanero
CGN-21500
Carbonero

Once the poll is complete Thursday night- the two winning plants will be moved to the hydro system and this thread will serve as my grow log for this project. 

Y'all are more than welcome to offer suggestions as to what you would like to see crossed with what as well. I'm sure I will be sharing seeds with most of you at some point (prolly F2? maybe some F1's)

Plantguy76 said:
Love your pods & plants glad things are going well for you.
I am going to be growing paper lantern habaneros next year.
I been wanting to try them out for a long time .

They really are a good pepper, going to be staple in my gardens every year. 

CGN-21500 ended up getting the boot from the hydro. I need to make room to get to plants. That and I wasn't very impressed with it. None the crosses I threw at it would take, wasn't producing very heavy and just wasn't making me happy. 

Ahh breathing room, now I just need to get the white fatalii in the back left out. It's not producing and i'm not big on the flavor. 

Mmm spaghetti 

Pulled one my drilled buckets out the ground and filled it with promix. Put the plant in the shade until It can adjust to sunlight then it's going back into the ground most likely. 

Pods are orange instead of purple on the indoor plant. Curious to see if they change color once it's adjusted to sunlight. The other two that are outdoors are the colors you would expect. 

Starting to get some ripe bahamian goats in the basement. None have the fancy tails like outside does. 

Butch T that was crossed with bahamian goat finally starting to ripen. 

Not a 7pot yellows X Butch T yellow looking good. Looks like two will be the keepers that other one is just sad. 

Seems like all my crosses that take are crossed with Butch T... very virile pollen 

Man that was quick - only 6 days. Seeds have arrived - soaking them in cammomile as we speak (just starting about half for now) and will pop into jiffies tomorrow.

2015_08_04_16_37_10.jpg

Bahamian Goat X MOA Bonnet cross finally took. Fingers crossed I get some decent seeds. All the pods on that plant have baby pods in them and hardly any seeds. Not sure what the deal is.

Carbonero X butch T cross is coming along. Pods are stunted because it was in a 4" pot for long time. Just switched it to a 1gal last week. The two crossed pods are the only ones it has produced so far. 

Not a 7pot yellow X Butch T yellow f1

Still no Germ on the Butch T X Bahamian Goat. Still got another pepper waiting to ripen. If none these sprout i'll let that other pod go until it's almost ready to rot before harvesting. 

I grew out some second year red bhuts that crossed with yellow devil's tongue, so I got yellow pods, and it is higher yielding than a normal bhut! Got any ideas on what to call this strain? I was thinking "Yellow Devil's Bhut"!

SentencedToBurn said:
The first few Lemon Drop X Inca Berry seeds popped through. I already have a few pots ready for them.

2015_08_12_16_51_49.jpg
Good to see they had good germ rates. What did you use for germination method? I'm not having much luck with paper towel method.

Hey I'm soaking them in cammomile for 24 hours, then putting them into jiffy pellets which are inside an incubator between 20 and 30C. And every morning spraying them with water - so it's wet but not soaked. And most seem to pop through in 4-10 days. Have had very good rates, maybe 70-80% of all the seeds I've put down so far.

SentencedToBurn said:
Hey I'm soaking them in cammomile for 24 hours, then putting them into jiffy pellets which are inside an incubator between 20 and 30C. And every morning spraying them with water - so it's wet but not soaked. And most seem to pop through in 4-10 days. Have had very good rates, maybe 70-80% of all the seeds I've put down so far.

Ok cool, seems the best results i've had is when I actually let seeds dry before trying to sprout. All the times I use fresh seeds they don't germ. 

I will let these next batches dry, then soak overnight in a weak tea solution and then transfer to 3" pots or moist paper towel. 

Aji Pineapple X Butch T Yellow are getting close to ripening. 2 pods

Paper Lantern X Butch T Yellow 2 pods are also getting close. Maybe 2 more weeks

Butch T Yellow X Bahamian goat - Just ripened. Going to let it sit for a week or so to make sure seeds are fully developed. Not happy with the shape of pods on this plant. I may try some crosses on the one outdoors with the sexy pod shapes. 

Bahamian Goat X Butch T Yellow. Getting close as well. Again not happy with shape, something about the hydro....

Aji Amarillo X Caribbean red hab half ripe. (these take so damn long!)

A week ago I dusted Aji Amarillo with Aji Omni Color. Looks like it may have taken but still a risk of getting dropped. 

Same thing with goatsweed, dusted with bahamian goat about a week ago. All other flowers dropped within a few days but this one has been going strong. Don't see any pod development so always a chance of aborting. 

grantmichaels said:
aji pineapple x butch t yellow's an appealing one, to me ...

Me too, hopefully the seeds are viable being a baccatum X Chinense . Would be an awesome cross.
chocolatescotchbonnet said:
I grew out some second year red bhuts that crossed with yellow devil's tongue, so I got yellow pods, and it is higher yielding than a normal bhut! Got any ideas on what to call this strain? I was thinking "Yellow Devil's Bhut"!

I like the sound of that

Harvested the other Butch T Yellow X Bahamian goat today. Only 12 seeds in it but that's twice as many as the last pod. Still not impressed with the shape of the pods on this plant compared to outdoors. 

Going to let these dry before trying to germ since that seems to be the only way that works for me. 

Back