• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3monic's Crossing Project/Community Grow

Click for Currently Crossed ListWill keep it updated as new crosses are added.

Butch T Yellow and Bahamian Goat won the poll!
  1. Aji Omni Color (4 votes [8.16%]
  2. bullet_star_rated.png
     Bahamian Goat (14 votes [28.57%]
  3. bullet_star_rated.png
     Butch T Yellow (9 votes [18.37%]
  4. Aji Crystal (3 votes [6.12%] 
  5. Caribbean Red Habanero (3 votes [6.12%]
  6. Paper Lantern Habanero (7 votes [14.29%] 
  7. Bolsa De Dulce (3 votes [6.12%]
  8. White Bhut (6 votes [12.24%] 

Alrighty folks! It's almost plant out time and that means that my basement and lights are going to be freed up for some crossing projects through the summer. 

I have 4 DWC buckets available for growing peppers indoors all summer. (not to mention racks for seedling growout)
2 spots are already taken by White Fatalii and CGN-21500.

These Plants will be the Base for all my other crosses. Meaning that I will use pollen from plants that are outdoors in the rest of my collection crossed with these. These will be tagged and harvested and grown out in the basement to choose phenos. I'm planning on going for taste more than heat. 

Plants to choose from  

My biggest focus will be crossing the White Fatalii with CGN-21500 but will do plenty of other crosses with them as well. 

Here is my entire grow list and potential candidates to be crossed with my final choices (hope that makes sense)

Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Scorpion
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil
Bulsa de dulce
Aji Omni-color
Aji Limon
Fidalga Roxa
White Bullet Hab
Paper Lantern Hab.
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii
White Bhut jolokia
Urfa Biber
Inca Berry
Caribbean Red Hab
Aji Pineapple
BG7
Orange Wild Brazil
Goatsweed
Chocolate Habanero
Mystery Hababhut?
Scotch Bonnets
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"
Fooled you jalapeno
Yellow Primo
White Devils tongue
7pot Yellow brainstrain
Trinidad Giant yellow congo
Bahamian goat
Aji Crystal
Cumari do Para
Carolina Reaper
7pot Yellow
Yaki brown
Xalapa Jalapeno
Pink Tiger 
Criola Sella
7pot White 
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso) F2 
Aji Amarillo 
MOA Scotch Bonnet 
Champion (baccatum)
Large Orange Thai (growdown throwdown)
Yellow bhut
Australian Lantern Habanero
CGN-21500
Carbonero

Once the poll is complete Thursday night- the two winning plants will be moved to the hydro system and this thread will serve as my grow log for this project. 

Y'all are more than welcome to offer suggestions as to what you would like to see crossed with what as well. I'm sure I will be sharing seeds with most of you at some point (prolly F2? maybe some F1's)

The carbonero X Butch T Yellow, kind of  an odd shape

Butch T yellow X bahamian goat

Aji PIneapple X Butch T Yellow

Trimmed back the bahamian goat mother a little after this pic since it was starting to over hang the other plants. 

All the plants in soil had fungus gnats so gave them a soil drench of azamax

SentencedToBurn said:
That carbonero X Butch T pod looks really cool, hopefully it'll preserve that weird shape till it's ripe

hopefully, the other pod on it is shaped different as well. Of course with these being indoors I assume most the pods will be runty compared to when then get planted outside this spring. 

az1000 said:
Nice plant

Thanks!

Your Lemon Drop X Inca Berry have a bunch of pods on them, still green but not too far away I reckon.

The DWC plant has a lot more pods, I'm guessing because I've changed the nutes to bloom about a month ago when it first started flowering, the soil one has a lot of flowers but only a few pods. Either way should be plenty for a proper taste test, etc. 

DWC:
2016_01_04_16_48_30.jpg

Soil:
2016_01_04_16_49_02.jpg

SentencedToBurn said:
Your Lemon Drop X Inca Berry have a bunch of pods on them, still green but not too far away I reckon.

The DWC plant has a lot more pods, I'm guessing because I've changed the nutes to bloom about a month ago when it first started flowering, the soil one has a lot of flowers but only a few pods. Either way should be plenty for a proper taste test, etc. 

DWC:
2016_01_04_16_48_30.jpg

Soil:
2016_01_04_16_49_02.jpg

Thanks again for growing those out. I'm excited to see the variation in pod shape on each plant. 

If anyone else wishes to grow out any of my recent crosses I have a few varieties available to share. There are a few stipulations though. 

1. have to be a active site member 300+ posts
  2. we have to of had some form of interaction in the past. IE I gotta know you. 
  3. I ask that you share pictures of the plants progress through the season on this thread and may even request seeds from pods if they express phenos I like. 
  4. No naming of them ect. The name stays the same as it's listed on the seed packs. I reserve the right to change the name and that's not happening until it's pretty stable. 
  5. You can share seeds and pods from your resulting plants. Just please also include my name "D3monic" as the creator. 
I know it sounds like a lot of stipulations but should be easy enough to follow. These are only f1's so there shouldn't be a ton of variations. Once i'm at f2 there will be a community grow thread where I will again reach out to the community and distribute seeds in a similar fashion where we can all grow them out and select desirable phenos ect. Should be fun I think

That said, I have the following seeds available. 

Bahamian Goat X Butch T Yellow f1    x1 packs tctenten, Genetikx
Aji Pineapple X Butch T Yellow f1        x3 packs - bpiela, 
PTS Carbonero X Butch T yellow f1    x5 packs
Paper Lantern X Butch T Yellow f1      x3 packs Peter S
Lemon drop X inca berry f1                 x0 packs tctenten

Reply to this thread with what packs you wish to try. Can select more than one. I will send you a pm to get your address. 
I will update the number of packs that remain. 

That is a really cool thing to do.  Since I am under 300 posts, I am out, but I should be ready to go once the f2's are around.  If you do not get rid of all the Aji Pineapple crosses, I would be interested in helping.  Wait a minute...  I don't really know you either so I will gladly sit back and enjoy the show.  :P  

bpiela said:
That is a really cool thing to do.  Since I am under 300 posts, I am out, but I should be ready to go once the f2's are around.  If you do not get rid of all the Aji Pineapple crosses, I would be interested in helping.  Wait a minute...  I don't really know you either so I will gladly sit back and enjoy the show.  :P  

we've interacted enough i'd consider that "knowing" you. If you want in you're in. 

Not to mention you've been a member here several years. 

D3monic said:
If anyone else wishes to grow out any of my recent crosses I have a few varieties available to share. There are a few stipulations though. 

1. have to be a active site member 300+ posts
  2. we have to of had some form of interaction in the past. IE I gotta know you. 
  3. I ask that you share pictures of the plants progress through the season on this thread and may even request seeds from pods if they express phenos I like. 
  4. No naming of them ect. The name stays the same as it's listed on the seed packs. I reserve the right to change the name and that's not happening until it's pretty stable. 
  5. You can share seeds and pods from your resulting plants. Just please also include my name "D3monic" as the creator. 
I know it sounds like a lot of stipulations but should be easy enough to follow. These are only f1's so there shouldn't be a ton of variations. Once i'm at f2 there will be a community grow thread where I will again reach out to the community and distribute seeds in a similar fashion where we can all grow them out and select desirable phenos ect. Should be fun I think

That said, I have the following seeds available. 

Bahamian Goat X Butch T Yellow f1    x2 packs
Aji Pineapple X Butch T Yellow f1        x3 packs - bpiela, 
PTS Carbonero X Butch T yellow f1    x5 packs
Paper Lantern X Butch T Yellow f1      x4 packs

Reply to this thread with what packs you wish to try. Can select more than one. I will send you a pm to get your address. 
I will update the number of packs that remain. 

You are half man, half amazing!

Someone had messaged me a few weeks ago asking about growing some but deleted in the mail purge.. Who ever that was hopefully they hit me up again

Slight delay on getting rest of seed packs out. I got to stop at craft store and grab some more baggies while i'm out this evening. Will get rest out in mail tomorrow. 

Very excited to have all the crosses i've planted this spring spout for me. I had many fail to germinate last fall on the first attempts. I used up the last of my seeds to get these to sprout. 

Still unfortunate that I never got the fidalga roxa X aji limon seeds to germ. Pretty sure I used them all up as I don't see them anywhere. 

Back