• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

DAMN YOU TEETH!!!! DAAAAMNNNN YOOOOOUUUSSS!!!!

Well, went to the dentest to have some problems looked at and a teeth cleaning. Not only did I have one cavaty, but two! AND the two wisdom teeth they left in are now impacted.

Well, I have been graced with wonderful teeth and this is my first experience with cavities (I don't eat sugary stuff, no cola, candy, etc etc) so this is uncharted teritory for me (had to make sure they don't use Mercury in their fillings...they don't).

One of my genetic mutations that I have is having 8 wisdom teeth. I've had 6 of them removed adn don't want to go through that agin. I don't think it's hurting right now (I do notice a slight pressure now though) so I'm just going to bide my time with that one and play it by ear...

Going to get the teeth done on June 2nd....horray!

Feel lucky you still have yours. I lost all my front teeth after I got kicked in the face. 'twas an accident and no ill will, but still, it sucks.

Philipperv said:
You don't only get cavities from eating sweets, although they bring them on the quickest. Do you floss?

Yes, I do floss but not all that much and the cavity is in a place (outside side of the tooth) that flossing wouldn't matter. Yes, I know that bacteria are what causes cavities which makes me kick myself for not having a square wave generator on hand to deal with this problem properly...

Not knowing your exact age, but assuming you're over 21, I'd say you're pretty lucky to have gone so long without cavities. So don't kick yourself too hard, it happens to the best of us.

The impacted wisdom teeth sounds more painful than getting cavities filled. So does getting them pulled. Ouch.

Poisonette said:
Not knowing your exact age, but assuming you're over 21, I'd say you're pretty lucky to have gone so long without cavities. So don't kick yourself too hard, it happens to the best of us.
I'm 26....wait....1982...subract 2009....ya, I'm 26. Don't get asked that alot, had to think. I never thought I'd get cavities. Stupid bacteria, had to eat away two teeth...

Poisonette said:
The impacted wisdom teeth sounds more painful than getting cavities filled. So does getting them pulled. Ouch.
Ya, I'm holding off on that. I do feel some prssure from them, but not 100% sure about it. I sure as hell can't afforid it. It's too expensive. they have to put you under for it. I had 6 wisdom teeth pulled at one time and that resulted in 2 weeks worth of nausia and pain. Not looking forward to that experience again.....especially without dental insurance.

ring sting said:
Mmmmmmmmm Legal meds mmmmmmmm

Mmmm...on them now....

imaguitargod said:
One of my genetic mutations that I have is having 8 wisdom teeth. I've had 6 of them removed adn don't want to go through that agin. I don't think it's hurting right now (I do notice a slight pressure now though) so I'm just going to bide my time with that one and play it by ear...

Going to get the teeth done on June 2nd....horray!

HAHA! IGG is a mutant!

imaguitargod said:
B/c, it's considered fring science and doctors don't like that. If we all got better, they wouldn't make money ;)

Watch out for the 'fring science' stuff. Just be careful.

FiveStar said:
HAHA! IGG is a mutant!

But he's not as cool as Wolverine. ;)

Back