• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Daytona 200 this time......

I noticed a couple threads on the Daytona 500. I'm just curious if there are any motorcycle roadracing fans that will be watching the Daytona 200 tomorrow? It's kind of my superbowl. I can't stand watching the superbowl, but this is the one televised event that I watch every year.

what speeds are the scooters hitting now days at daytona?...god, it has to be 250 or so...

MotoGP bikes are actually capable of hitting 220MPH in the world championships in the straights, but this is a different racing organization. However, speeds of about 190 are right on the long embankment at the track. It's actually an endurance race and it's long. Most bike races aren't as long. Endurance races test the bikes ablity and the riders as well. I'm probably racing club level this year when I get a new bike. (Light weight twins when I get my SV650 and those endurance races when done are split between a couple riders. These races are done with one rider......DIFFICULT....It's oddly VERY physically and mentally demanding to race.) In other words this is intersting. It's also a very known race that's known even worldwide. Also, the set-up isn't like the Daytona 500 on the track. Besides the embankment there is alot of infield setup and tricky turns. Actually the turn coming out of the embankment has alot of crashes.;) The race is at 1:30 on the eighth of March. TOMORROW!! It's on the speed channel.:cool: You will enjoy it. Racing is my passion and I thought I'd share it. This race is GOOD!!

Besides the Daytona.

...Just more education on club level racing. It's expensive at that level (No funds the average man starting out and I've had a hell of a time trying to get out there. Most of my races when I can will be sprint races. They aren't endurance races, last only about 8-12 laps (Just you.), but are fun. However, I would like to do an endurance race. The problem is finding people to share a bike and agree on splitting the racing funds. Any day playing at the track is fun though. When I can't play, it's fun to watch those that can and are better than me.:D

.....Yeah, three post in a row...LOL!!. Anyways, I love this Moto-GP clip. It starts off slow, but is AWESOME!! Just thought I'd share.:) http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=447079

This is a cool Isle of Mann Clip. It's probably one of the most famous races in the world. SAWEET CLIP!! It's on public roads with no room for error, but a legal race. They are doing over 200 in spot and jumping in places. http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...343&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4

I just came back from vacation in Daytona on Sunday. It was a blast. Bike week started Fri. That was crazy.

sdw79 said:
I just came back from vacation in Daytona on Sunday. It was a blast. Bike week started Fri. That was crazy.

Yeah, there's a couple guys from my work that go down there every year. The wife and I are going to go next March for fun. The cool thing is that we don't have to worry about a hotel room. I guess she's got friends that live right next to Daytona. Oddly, however though neither of us are on a street bike. Just some cagers going to watch the race:shocked::lol:. I hear it's pretty hectic down there during that week as well.

Back