• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Dead chuffed!!

ef24d775.jpg

9714cb06.jpg

Just had to post a pic of one of my Butch T plants. After a pretty poor summer weather wise here in England I am really made up about these. What a result.
Just got to see what they taste like:)
All the best
Daz

They look more congo "ish" to me. The flower in the second pic looks a bit strange also.
Not trying to start a storm they just don't look right.

That last pod pic you posted could qualify as a scorp shape, my radar might be off but they look different to me. No need to be embarrased just my opinion bro.

Yeah I have to agree with nova, great looking plants and pods but not much of a scorp shape on them. They will be ripe soon will have to give it a taste.

I did pick off the flower remains as they seemed to be constricting the middle if the pepper as they grew. I was worried they would go rotten or something. The ones I left have the more scorpion look about them.

LOL the flower remnants are what give scorpions and other peppers their unique shape. I never get uniform shapes on Scorpions.

They look more congo "ish" to me. The flower in the second pic looks a bit strange also.
Not trying to start a storm they just don't look right.

That's kind of what I'm thinking too.

Not everything we plant turns out to be what we think it to be!!

You have to factor that into the equation…. I won't harvest seeds from the pods of unknown origins. I will use them, but not reproduce them. Some types you just know what they are while others could be any number of many different types. I found some Peach Habs in my garden this season that were supposed to be West Indies "Reds". At least I know what to write down on the baggy so I have been collecting the seeds.

They look just like Butch T scorpions to me. The color progression and flower rings holding on are key clues. Stingers/tails are not always present and are often caused by these flower rings and they happen moreso in certain conditions or environments

Back