• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Deadpouk's 2022 Glog

This is the beginning of my 2022 Pepper journey.
I grow my peppers in open fields in Alsace, France. In 2022 I will add a hoop house to my growing arsenal (3 by 6 meters)

2022 will be my 3rd season of starting my chillies from seed. The year 2021 has been rather mixed, mainly because of the weather which has been very rainy all summer, I hope it will be a little warmer in 2022, fingers crossed!
I'm trying to keep my list pretty short for 2022, and the first seeds are already in my aerogarden.

Already in the Aerogarden:
2 x Capsicum Flexuosum Failed
2 x Capsicum Tovarii Failed
2 x Capsicum Lanceolatum Failed

I got my wild chili seeds from fataliiseeds during a promotion he was doing to buy a tractor for his farm.
I'm not a fan of wild peppers, but why not give it a try this year, and if one day I can get my hands on some capsicum cabaleroii seeds... it will be something else!

Starting mid-January/Beginning of February:

In the aerogarden:

3 x Fatalii (18.01.2022)
2 x Lemon Starburst (30.01.2022 - in Dirt, not aerogarden)
2 x Sugar Rusch Stripey (30.01.2022)
1 x 7 Pot Primo (18.01.2022)
1 x Chocolate Scotch Bonnet (30.01.2022)

In seed starting mix:

3 x Madagascar Pepper (30.01.2022)
2 x Piri-Piri
2 x St. Lucia Scotch Bonnet (30.01.2022)
2 x 7 Pot Cinder Caramel F6 (European Seed Train)
2 x 7 Pot Gravedigger Peach F2 (European Seed Train)
2 x Tripple F4 (European Seed Train)
1 x Yellow Scotch Brains (30.01.2022)
1 x Rocoto Montufar
1 x Minirocoto Red (30.01.2022)
1 x KSPS - Courtesy from Nate Fuentes ( Facebook Group)
1 x KSSR - Courtesy form XXX ( Facebook Group)
1 x BBG P.Mamp Red Pheno
1 x BBG P.Mamp Black Pheno

Starting mid-March:

In the Aerogarden:

3 x Farmer's Market Jalapeno
2 x Antep Aci Dolma
2 x Ring of Fire
2 x Joe's long Cayenne

In seed Starting mix:
6 x Matt's Variegated Jalapeno
6 x Gochugaru
2 x Lesya
2 x Lesya Orange
2 x Buena Mulata
2 x Black Hungarian

Plants i'm going to buy:
A few cayenne and orange bell peppers.

I will try to post pictures and updates regularly, I still have a lot to do on my seed starting setup and my field before the season starts!
I wish you a great harvest for 2022!

Last edited:
That will be an impressive grow, @Deadpouk!
How many plants do you plan on putting out?
I hope your Matt's Variegated turns out well.
Good to have a few plants so you can get the
ones that have a lot of variegated foliage. We
have been having fun with it here.

Just curious- what is the Tripple F4?

Good luck going forward...

Nice to see another WILD grower:P
Great selection ...I've done those in the past...hoping to repeat the Lanceolatum in '22.I find Fatalli seeds to be rather expensive
esp. the Galapagoense..not worth that much...that's a nice one....The Tovarii takes a very long while to germinate,the others
not so...at least in my case..Patience is a WILD grower's best attribute,Hang in there.:D
Good luck & keep us posted and:welcome:

Last edited:
Nice selection you have there for the year. Also be interesting to see how you get on with germination of wilds in the Aerogarden, I've not tried any in that. Out of interest, which Aerogarden model are you using?
I'm using the bounty elite, did have really great succes with it last year.
I just have some temp issues to fix, the water is either to cold or to warm at the moment! But i'm working on it.

Nice to see another WILD grower:P
Great selection ...I've done those in the past...hoping to repeat the Lanceolatum in '22.I find Fatalli seeds to be rather expensive
esp. the Galapagoense..not worth that much...that's a nice one....The Tovarii takes a very long while to germinate,the others
not so...at least in my case..Patience is a WILD grower's best attribute,Hang in there.:D
Good luck & keep us posted and:welcome:
yes, fataliiseeds is pretty expensive, got my other seeds mainly from refined fire chilli or semillas.
Already see some life in one of my Capsicum Flexuosum pods.

That tractor promotion pulled me in as well… would have loved tovarii! I got the flexuosum, a praetermissum, and an interspecific frutescens. I’ll likely only grow the flexuosum, which I sowed a week ago tomorrow.

How long did your flexuosum take to germinate?

Last edited:
That tractor promotion pulled me in as well… would have loved tovarii! I got the flexuosum, a praetermissum, and an interspecific frutescens. I’ll likely only grow the flexuosum, which I sowed a week ago tomorrow.

How long did your flexuosum take to germinate?
2 weeks more or less, but its the only one that did germinate in the aerogarden at the moment. i seeded some wilds in dirt 3-4 days ago, hope to get more luck.

Curious how your lemon starburst will do. Who did you get your seeds from?
I requested KSLS seeds from the facebook group also but in the end decided not to grow them out. I have seen some beautiful specimen of the KSLS but also some that were completely off pheno. I believe this is unavoidable when seeds are shared from one grower to another and, even if it is against Khangs wish that KSLS seeds should be shared only, I believe it is a good thing for the variety that someone like RFC decided to start selling them... just my personal opinion of course 😊

Last edited:
Curious how your lemon starburst will do. Who did you get your seeds from?
I requested KSLS seeds from the facebook group also but in the end decided not to grow them out. I have seen some beautiful specimen of the KSLS but also some that were completely off pheno. I believe this is unavoidable when seeds are shared from one grower to another and, even if it is against Khangs wish that KSLS seeds should be shared only, I believe it is a good thing for the variety that someone like RFC decided to start selling them... just my personal opinion of course 😊
In a capitalist world, it is indeed complicated. In my opinion everyone is free to do as he wants, and it's pointless to get into a fight about it.
I have a few sources, got some seeds from RFC, from the big facebook giveaway and 2 other people from FB. But I think I'll sow the RFC seeds this year, I think it's the most reliable source. But I'm waiting for February 1st to start my season properly.

I started my seeds yesterday, January 30th.
I have not yet planted all the seeds I wanted to start, but I plan to stagger my planting a bit this year.

I had already started some seeds in my aerogarden on the 18th, because I was way too impatient. I removed the wild peppers that I had started, I will try again in the aerogarden once everything else is up. The 3 Bigger ones are AG Ghost Pepper pods with really old seeds, but no idea what i'm going to do with them.

20220129_090604.jpg

On the 29th I put the seeds to soak 24 hours in a solution of Root booster and tap water, and placed them in my growtent where the temperatures vary between 25 and 28 degrees Celsius.

20220129_084530.jpg

20220129_090558.jpg

I started with the following varieties:
In seed starting mix:

Madagascar Pepper
St. Lucia Scotch Bonnet
Yellow Scotch Brains
Minirocoto Red
Lemon Starburst
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet
Trippaul Threat F9 (gifted by PaulG)
Trippaul threat V2 F4 (gifted by PaulG)
Purple Thunder (gifted by PaulG))

In the Aeogarden:
Sugar Rush Stripey
Fatalii
7 Pot Primo
Matt's Variegated Jalapeno (just one seed, was to tempting)

I always sow more seeds, this allows me to sort them out later and keep the healthiest ones.
Once i planted the seeds in the seedling mix, everything went under a dome and into my tent.

20220130_094638.jpg

20220130_101641.jpg

I still had time, so I already mixed my potting soil. I mixed 40L of potting soil (black and blonde peat mixes, pine bark, plant compost, clay, mycorrhizae, organic fertilizers) with 5 Liters of Perlite, 5 Liters of vermiculite and 1.5 Liters of worm compost.

20220129_182749.jpg

Now the hardest part: Waiting.

Last edited:
Looks like a very nice potting mix for
the pot-ups when the time comes. Those
ghost peppers will like that a lot!

First sprouts 4 days avec sowing: Lemon Starburst and S.Lucias scotch Bonnets from RFC
20220205_122759.jpg
20220204_171845.jpg

Did repot my 3 Aerogarden Ghost pepper's to make some room for new seeds. threw a few Stripey in the aerogarden.

20220204_175409.jpg

A few weeks ago i did put just 1 seeds of Matt's Variegated Jalapeno in my aerogarden, lot's of white at the moment:

20220204_175155.jpg

a lot more to see in the next days.

Looking great! GL on the KSLSB, hope you get a nice pheno. That variegated jalapeño seems to be a popular variety and with good reason, its gorgeous!

Looking great! GL on the KSLSB, hope you get a nice pheno. That variegated jalapeño seems to be a popular variety and with good reason, its gorgeous!
I hope so, last two years i had really ugly phenos. I trust in RFC, fingers cross'd

I'm lagging behind due to work and covid.. my gf got hit really badly despite the vaccin, but it's getting better.
Did a little bit of cleaning in my grow tent, got some pests in it but managed to get rid of them.
Mostly flies, came from my attempt to save my calathea white fusion... got some bad soil probably.

Did repot my peppers, going to start a new batch soon, maybe next week.
20220220_151411.jpg
20220220_151414.jpg

20220220_151419.jpg
20220220_151432.jpg

I have some issues with AG seedlings, the growth seems stunted.. and leaves are pointing up. Never had this issue before, not to sure how to fix this.

20220220_151403.jpg

The seeds i got from PaulG are growing nicely so far.
20220220_151341.jpg 20220220_151347.jpg 20220220_151351.jpg

@Deadpouk - So glad to hear your girlfriend is on the mend.
Good she was vaccinated to avoid the worst effects and hospital.
:cheers: Here's to her complete recovery.

Transplants look good, especially the ones in the Fatali row.
And I am very happy to see that nice purple foliage on the
Purple Thunder and Trippaul Threat varieties! Those will def
bear some watching!
popcorn2.gif

Don't know what to say about the AG seedlings. I haven't
seen that before. On the other hand, Matt's Variegated is
looking pretty good! Another one to watch!

Last edited:
Back