dealing with customs

I figured since theres alot of people always asking about dealing with customs for sending seeds,pods,hot sauce to another country. but theres not a thread designated for this discussion, so why not make a thread for this ? everyone here can benefit, new & exsisting members.

instead of people always asking or posting what they do in other threads, & then people always asking again latter. why not people discuss what they do in this thread for sending seeds,pods,hot sauce. & what are the odds of them getting through customs or place links to your country customs to findout what is needed to send the stuff & hope it arrives.

sorry I cant help because I've never dealt with sending stuff out of the USA or into the USA so I dont know. but this thread is not just for the USA, its also for you aussies,canada,mexico,europe,south america,etc....

Well, I can tell you that if you send a package from the USA to Canada, your best bet is the good old USPS. UPS and FedEx leave the package at the boarder and the recipient has to deal with it from there.

Also, just declare it as a gift. If not, there are all kinds of charges that the recipient incurs.

Well, what I do when I'm traveling is take the stash, put it in a balloown and place it....oh wait....I'm on the wrong forum. I though this was thesmokeddubbie.com.....carry on.

(beating people to the punch folks, couldn't miss an opertunity when presented ;) )

As said in the other thread...
thehotpepper.com said:
Letters do not need customs declarations. If the envelope is stiffened (won't bend) or is thicker than .25" it is considered a package and not a letter, and it needs a customs form.
USPS regulation for international.

I agree with Devilduck, its better to go USPS to Canada most of the time than UPS. I just paid $40 in customs etc. on a $70 order through UPS and paid nothing on similar previous orders with USPS.

DevilDuck said:
Well, I can tell you that if you send a package from the USA to Canada, your best bet is the good old USPS. UPS and FedEx leave the package at the boarder and the recipient has to deal with it from there.

Also, just declare it as a gift. If not, there are all kinds of charges that the recipient incurs.

UPS will leave it at the border, and then the recipient in Canada has to pay taxes and brokerage fees on the package. I've only experienced this from the receiving end, and it costs a ton. Sending seems easier since you mail it and forget it. For ordering across the canada US border, you can retain a broker to avoid extra fees and slowdowns. They are licensed to sign for a package to pass customs without real inspection, as long as it is sent from a legit business. No idea how much they cost.

We only ordered bottles from the states once, then searched hard and long until we found a supplier in Canada. Cut our packaging costs by over 50%. Free trade my ass.

With all due respect, people need to get off of their butts and hand deliver this stuff to people! What happened to the good old days when people weren't lazy?

I get on a horse and ride for days to deliver stuff to people, what is wrong with you all? And what happened to good old fashioned sneaking across borders? Seriously People!!!!!!!!

*HEEE HEEEEE! For those of you who don't know Chilehunter as well as I do, Oh well. For everyone else, I just had to give him a little ribbing.*

Carry on!;)

I think the good old greetings card comes in handy. Just try to make it look like it's just a letter with nothing else inside. Stick the little baggies to the inside of the card so they won't all end up in one corner of the envelop and make it too obvious that it contains not just some paper.

As of now, all packages and envelops from Europe arrived. some packages and envelops from North & South America did not. no customs, just never arrived. I sent seeds inside envelops to the US, Canada, Brazil, Trinidad, Germany, Australia, NZ, UK, France and some more places I don't even remember. not all people actually tell me when they get it, but I'm positive most got it. haven't had any problems (that I know of) with envelops getting out of Israel.

Chiliac said:
I think the good old greetings card comes in handy. Just try to make it look like it's just a letter with nothing else inside. Stick the little baggies to the inside of the card so they won't all end up in one corner of the envelop and make it too obvious that it contains not just some paper.

Yeah I do the same and use a greetings card. I often draw a balloon on the envelope too.

If any in the US is sending stuff internationally, do it ONLY via USPS Express Mail EMS (unless of course you're shipping pallets). We have sent literally hundreds of boxes internationally, and when we began to use the EMS option on the USPS site, everything has made it to its destination, and usually within 7 business days, to ANY spot on the globe.

imaguitargod said:
I never get any greeting cards from Rainboiwberry :(

Well, I've never gotten anything from IGG.... so ;-p

teehee.

Mebbe i'll change the AV to me crazy-looking hab I found..it's EBIL! And huge!

ANd hotttt! orange hab/Bonnet cross???

S6301299.JPG

Oh IGG, if these evil peppers DO have evile sons, i'll send. ;)

F2 is ok eh?

Us crazee hippies gotta stick together, eh?

Now if the one in the center would quit staring at me.....

cheers,

qs

thehotpepper.com said:
Creator, ever any problems with the biohazard symbol on your boxes?

Surprisingly not. We wanted to get the custom tape for the boxes with the logo, but didn;t want to push the envelope and bring undo attention to ourselves. We send a lot of stuff to APOs and I'm really amazed each bottle isn't at least opened.

Back