• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Dear thief who broke in to my car last night

The douche in me thinks too bad there wasn't any necked pics of his girlfriend, could of forward them to everybody on his contact list. Hehehehehe
You're a better man then me.

The douche in me thinks too bad there wasn't any necked pics of his girlfriend, could of forward them to everybody on his contact list. Hehehehehe
You're a better man then me.

Many friends on FB had similar suggestions.

He had several contacts that were interesting - "mom", "dad", "grandma"

But I was worried that this may have been another victim & I didn't wanna cause anyone any problems by douching it up like that.

Chance are good it was the thief's phone - the sheriff brought the phone to their house. So it was either a "whew, thank goodness, thanks!" Or an "oh shiz, I'm busted!" - either way I'm ok with that result.
:cheers:

And in hindsight it's probably for the best that my dog didn't wake me - I'd hate to shoot someone over $0.47 - bad karma.

True. Glad you had clear thoughts about it. I would of probably thought of that AFTER I sent the pic.
So you find a phone after your car was broken into, you call the police, they come out, you give them the phone, they return it to the rightful owner, and that's it? Did you hear anything else about it. Would suck if it was the guys and they couldn't prove it was him yet he gets his phone back. I guess you can't look at it that way, would only make me madder.

Your story just reminded me of my Dad who had someone break into his car by throwing a rock through his window only to make off with chump change and a CD. The fact that his door was unlocked and he lives in Eureka, (which I'm sure you're familiar with, rains like 360 days a year) was the biggest reason he was pissed.

I lived there for 4 years (well, around there) - that sounds like Eureka alright. lol

In Seattle I had a $200 window of my '86 land cruiser smashed so the guy could steal an empty backpack worth about $20

I hear ya, I drive a Jeep with a soft top and have buddies telling stories of thieves cutting the plastic window to break in. If you know anything about a Jeep and soft tops, they unzip. Don't even want to tell you what the stealership wants you to pay to replace. Some people make me appreciate others. At least that's what I tell myself....

Back