• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest December - Musubi throw down

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL not defining a protein, as you know things don't go well defining the obvious on these. Remember when I had to define a hot dog?!

Actually, I'm more thinking of the vegetarians with that. You said "protein", then at some point someone else said "complete protein", but I don't think you were intending to exclude vegetarians with your broader term. Basically, just putting it out there that you didn't specify "complete".... veggies welcome!

Actually, I'm more thinking of the vegetarians with that. You said "protein", then at some point someone else said "complete protein", but I don't think you were intending to exclude vegetarians with your broader term. Basically, just putting it out there that you didn't specify "complete".... veggies welcome!

...hmmm, several Vegan style recipies do come to mind... still needs bacon to taste right though. :dance:

Fava beans two ways:
Deep-fried Caribbean Red-spiked falafel nuggets wrapped a house-baked whole wheat lavash & topped with house-made lemon/tahini sauce and/or house-made lemon/jalapeno sauce, micro red mustard greens, tomato, red onion, house-pickled turnip, and house-made datil/corn relish
Braised ful m'dames swimming in smoked garlic-infused Syrian olive oil & topped with a drizzle of tahini, a healthy dollop of house-made fresh cayenne/rocoto/sumac paste, and a sprinkling of curly parsley

Nice, VR! Only next time, keep in mind the TD's are kind of like poker - don't show your hand until it's time! ;)

Fava beans two ways:
Deep-fried Caribbean Red-spiked falafel nuggets wrapped a house-baked whole wheat lavash & topped with house-made lemon/tahini sauce and/or house-made lemon/jalapeno sauce, micro red mustard greens, tomato, red onion, house-pickled turnip, and house-made datil/corn relish
Braised ful m'dames swimming in smoked garlic-infused Syrian olive oil & topped with a drizzle of tahini, a healthy dollop of house-made fresh cayenne/rocoto/sumac paste, and a sprinkling of curly parsley

Dude, I cannot wait to see that on a plate.

Preferably in front of me with a cold beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back