• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest December Throwdown Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Texas Posse....I have already been shunned, booed and scolded for raising the banner of a Texas Posse. Can't blame my accusers naysayers and poo poo'ers.....I ain't in Texas. Soon enough....I will be and then....the eyes of Texas will be on y'all and I will take my revenge!

Oh...and NICE HAWG'!!
Tsk, Tsk, TB.... There are enough Texas Ex's out here to have a Posse on our own, but YOU KNOW THE TRUTH -
ONCE A TEXAN, ALWAYS A TEXAN!
AND you've seen more than one post welcoming you and us into the fold because of this very fact.

Any naysayers, poopoo'ers, booers and scolders will HANG THEIR HEADS IN SHAME if there's ever a Tex-Mex throwdown!
... and everybody said HELL YEAH!

Boudreaux was lying on his death bed. The doctor had already told him that he surely wouldn't live for another week. Suddenly, and much to Boudreaux's glee, a wonderful aroma hit Boudreaux like a tidal wave. He knew that the smell meant only one thing- his wife had just made a pot of gumbo. Boudreaux wanted a bowl so badly, but he was no longer able to walk, so he crawled out of his bed and into the kitchen. Just as Boudreaux was reaching for the pot, his wife barked out, "Boudreaux! Shame on you! You know that gumbo is going to be for the funeral."

:rofl:

Tsk, Tsk, TB.... There are enough Texas Ex's out here to have a Posse on our own, but YOU KNOW THE TRUTH -
ONCE A TEXAN, ALWAYS A TEXAN!
AND you've seen more than one post welcoming you and us into the fold because of this very fact.

Any naysayers, poopoo'ers, booers and scolders will HANG THEIR HEADS IN SHAME if there's ever a Tex-Mex throwdown!
... and everybody said HELL YEAH!

In many people's eyes I may be just one of those foo foo caii dudes, but I'd love to dive into a TEX MEX TD. It might come out lookin as good as I think this one will, with some killer, knock down drag out good eatin dishes showing up.

As per the Texas Posse....I have already been shunned, booed and scolded for raising the banner of a Texas Posse. Can't blame my accusers naysayers and poo poo'ers.....I ain't in Texas. Soon enough....I will be and then....the eyes of Texas will be on y'all and I will take my revenge!
TB I was born a Texan, Raised a Texan (all over this world the son of a Service Man), and I'll by God dye a Texan and No One, not even Gov Rick Perry himself can take that away from any of us who are! Whether we live in the state or currently don't we are still Texans and if the Texas Posse doesn't want to include us and the most awsome dishes we can put out there, well brother, that's their problem!

And you sir may quote me on that, can I get an Amen?

Oh...and NICE HAWG'!!

Thanks, I got a nice size piece of him soaking in some Coke right now getting ready for dinner tomorrow night.

Thanks, I got a nice size piece of him soaking in some Coke right now getting ready for dinner tomorrow night.

What flavor coke would that be, rocketman?
From what I understand, any carbonated beverage in the south is a coke.

Restaurant Conversation -
Waitress- what would you like to drink?
Customer- I'll have a coke.
Waitress- What flavor?
Customer- Dr. Pepper.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :rofl:

And for all you former texans who are getting all this-that-and-everything, don't worry or get all chippy in your slippers,
just make a EXT-ican Posse

TB I was born a Texan, Raised a Texan (all over this world the son of a Service Man), and I'll by God dye a Texan and No One, not even Gov Rick Perry himself can take that away from any of us who are! Whether we live in the state or currently don't we are still Texans and if the Texas Posse doesn't want to include us and the most awsome dishes we can put out there, well brother, that's their problem! And you sir may quote me on that, can I get an Amen?Thanks, I got a nice size piece of him soaking in some Coke right now getting ready for dinner tomorrow night.

Looks like a lot of Texans on this TD...I'm in... :hell:

Much obliged y'all. Seems everyone's got a posse this and posse that.....booooooo! We ain't no stankin' posse'.... Texans crap better than any 'posse can cook or eat and Texans rock harder than Chinese arithmetic!! We are the Texas Cartel! Got a problem with us? Make a move hombre!

Much obliged y'all. Seems everyone's got a posse this and posse that.....booooooo! We ain't no stankin' posse'.... Texans crap better than any 'posse can cook or eat and Texans rock harder than Chinese arithmetic!! We are the Texas Cartel! Got a problem with us? Make a move hombre!

YEEEEEE-HAW!!!!!!!

:D

N'Awleens Jazz is always cool but for this I'm pullin out the BIG GUNS. I be rockin to the Zydeco sounds of BeauSoleil. The best sound in Cajun music that I know of.
I suddenly feel a sense of impending doom - how can I compete with THAT? :eek: I'm so in for it now!

RM I've had more than a scrape or two with the 'dillo's. When I was a kid down rio grand valley way I remember chasing them out in the pasture. Its all cool and the gang until you catch 'em. Teh claws will shred you like cabbage when you pickem' up! Cute but ugly at the same time. Like a cross between an iguana and a mexican hairless dog.

Oh...and NICE HAWG'!!

I say that if you were born in Texas, grew up in Texas or ever lived in Texas and Texas has gotten in yer blood, well......THAT should qualify, period. I got Texas in my blood and have missed living there the day I crossed over into Arkansas. TB, I can not express to you just how envious I am that you are returning to God's Country.

RM nice hawg, I have shot many of them but never with a 30-06. I used a good'ol Winchester 30-30. :D

I say that if you were born in Texas, grew up in Texas or ever lived in Texas and Texas has gotten in yer blood, well......THAT should qualify, period. I got Texas in my blood and have missed living there the day I crossed over into Arkansas. TB, I can not express to you just how envious I am that you are returning to God's Country.
No... no.... Texas doesn't produce any DRAMA QUEENS - ya DQ'd yourself all up and down this thread! Now you're going to have to prove to the rest of us that you're worthy..... ;)

not gonna do what I was going to do anymore, as I am going to a friends house this sunday and he does not have the stuff to do what I wanted to do, and I am not lugging a 250 pound smoker, turkey fryer, and 15 gallon pot to pittsburg in the back of my subaru

but I still have some stuff up my sleeve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back