• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest December Throwdown Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
N'Awleens Jazz is always cool but for this I'm pullin out the BIG GUNS. I be rockin to the Zydeco sounds of BeauSoleil. The best sound in Cajun music that I know of.

BeauSoleil you know it, brutha!

Bungle on the Bayou
TB, that's gonna be me~ :lol: ...on a wing and a beer...

Paulky's my wing man! :woohoo:

Did we ever get a hint about what meats will be allowed? Only the five originally suggested or anything goes?

...exactly what I was wondering.

Too bad it's not going to be next week, since this is going to be a busy one... meeting with a new co-packer Thursday to start getting my salsa packaged, and was going to head to SE Texas Friday to talk to another one about doing my chili mix/rubs.

While there I had planned to pick up some fresh gator meat and live crawfish... haven't made any in awhile, and would be perfect for the TD. :dance:

Correct there was no final decision on the meats.

I'll post that up soon so y'alls can shop.

Yeah what happened to Geeme and WM?

I'm here just lurkin' and waiting to strike :)
I hope ya didnt think I'd go easy on you guys and sit out on a cajun TD did ya?
been waitin' for this one to happen......The mojo is about to get seriously wicked up in here hehehe :twisted:

Thats a shame Geeme but yep I understand.

Is WM playing?......edit just beat me to it lol

Wheebz you in this one too?

Wicked, you catchin fresh gator or frog for this one? Don't think it's season, but if you go far enough out there....

Bayou Battle!

This is going to be a Battle, but after all is said and done with all the good eatin that's gonna show up here I think we'll be talkin Battle of the Bulge. Probably not many heart healthy presentations. Can't wait to see all the posts come Sunday. I'm definately fired up for this one.

It's gonna go down something like this!

Bayou Battle...

Pick at least one main ingredient:
1. Catfish
2. Gator (or croc, for Aussies)
3. Shellfish (crawfish, shrimp, blue crab, or oysters only)
4. Pork (andouille, tasso, or chaurice only)
5. Poultry (chicken, turkey, or duck only)

Pick at least two additional ingredients:
1. Okra
2. Corn
3. Rice
4. Tomatoes
5. Pecans

Pick at least one Cajun/Creole staple:
1. Roux
2. Trinity (green bell peppers, onion, celery)
3. Crab/Shrimp/Crawfish boil (spices)
4. Creole Mustard
5. Filé Powder

Pick at least one cooking method:
1. Grill/Smoke
2. Fry (deep or sauté)
3. Étouffée
4. Boil
5. Stew

Mandatory ingredients:
Cayenne pepper, and one hotter pepper.

The rules and specifics will come Friday this is just to help you shop.

Wicked, you catchin fresh gator or frog for this one? Don't think it's season, but if you go far enough out there....

Funny you should ask , I just happen to have my weapon of choice on hand that should answer that question ;)

gigity.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back