event Defcon Day #1 & #2, time to get the FREE wings flowin'!

Ok, well it's that time of year again when the Defcon Crew rolls up its sleeves and offers our culinary masterpieces to the public for FREE! We have two of these lined up, one in March and one in April. If you've never been to one of these gigs, they are a lot of fun. We offer all you can eat Defcon wings, with your choice of heat, all afternoon, for FREE! We also raffle off some stuff, and if we can find 4 or more people insane enough, we'll even throw in a Wing-Eating Deathmatch. You can also purchase our products at these events (save yourself the shipping costs, spend that money on beer).

Here are the particulars:

Defcon Day #1, Saturday, March 27th, from 12noon-4:30
St. James Gate Publick House
167 Maplewood Avenue
Maplewood, NJ 07040
973-378-2222

This is a good one. It will be the 8th time we've done one here. It's a great little Irish pub, with some very good beer on draft. I suggest getting there early, as this place fills up quick! It's 1 block from the Maplewood Train Station on the NJ Transit Morris-Essex Line.

Defcon Day #2, Saturday, April 17th, from 12noon-5pm
Bunny's Tavern
12 W. South Orange Avenue
South Orange, NJ 07079
973-763-1377

This will be our second gig at this location. The last one was a night event, this one will be during the day. A great old-school bar, and we've already got over 100 people as confirmed guests on Facebook, should be quite the turnout. This place is 1 block from the South Orange Train Station on NJ Transit Morris-Essex Line.

Hope to see some of you!​

This is really tempting, I wish my boy friend was more of a chilehead! It would take us 7.5 hours to get there, not so sure with a 15-month old but I certainly love to attend!

Knml, we did one a couple years ago in Toronto, I wish you were around for that. Who knows, we may be in your neck of the woods again. We will also be at the NERCC Chili Cook-Off in Somers, CT on May 1st. That's at least a little closer to you, not to mention being able to sample dozens upon dozens of different chilis in addition to our wings.

HBD, lookin' forward to seein' you guys again!

I'll certainly follow up on your activities Defcon. In the meantime, I will have to order and try your products at home... and slowly work my other half into the world of chillies!

And you live much closer than that to me. Stop by, we'll load up the truck and head to Defcon Days!

I hear this to the tune of The Beverly Hillbillies!

pileiton said:
peter pepper is near to me too so we will swing on by...

now it's sounding like a roadtrip. humm what would the wife say to me roadtripping with people i've never meet to go to a wing event for a couple days? :crazy:

You guys crack me up. We have had many drive from places like SC, IN and MA to come to these events. I think they're a tad insane, but that's what fun about this industry, we all are!

Trust me, as soon as I can make the Defcon gig full-time, you will see us everywhere! Between my regular 9-5, and The Wife Units 70-80 work week, it doesn't allow us to get out of the area much, except for large trade shows. We'll be in Somers, CT on May 1st for the NERCC Chili Cookoff. It's a very fun event, and we do it every year.

If you ever make it to Chicago, DC...

peter pepper, she won't mind you hanging out with the rest of this lot but as for you hangig out with me...

Back