Derek Spices V1.0

QuadShotz said:
Here's mine from last night..currently covring sum Tyson chix nuggz also with oleresin-enhanced chile powder, sea salt from France and NagaSav dippin sauz.

FTW.

S6302432.JPG

Dem wa fresh purdy Habs a few hrs ago...fressshhhh.

Fuk, after about a doz of those, can't tell if im dorfin' or just drunk..it's all a nice hott blurrr..

Invents new word: "dorfin

eg: The process of consuming and aftermath of capsaicin consumption resulting in an endorphin state... :twisted:

Bring it, Wikipedia.. ;)
I should post mine, Mine looks like yours.

I think I will post my end result.

QuadShotz said:
I'm sure its great man, i gotta stop hyperventilating first..:)
LOL, I guess I didn't know I was that funny :)

But seriously I'm going to try it in pizza, salsa, sauce so on and I left the seeds attached.

PhatManDerek said:
LOL, I guess I didn't know I was that funny :)

But seriously I'm going to try it in pizza, salsa, sauce so on and I left the seeds attached.

what did you do, sprint to 1000 post then quit? lol

McGoo said:
Nice work there Quad, you are now the most smartest man in this thread.
Reported for being rude.

If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all, and who's to say there isn't any one smarter, or informed yet!

Sorry if there was offence caused, it was meant to be humourous, thats all. Im not sure what made mine so bad when a lot of other posts up here would seem to be much worse, but I guess it happens.

PhatManDerek said:
Reported for being rude.

If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all, and who's to say there isn't any one smarter, or informed yet!

I'm confused...

PhatManDerek said:
I use the magic bullet to grind the spices up. and I have my own red pepper spice, shown in the picture.

Dam Derek that "Magic Bullet" seems to be the most used or abused tool in your kitchen....I'm gonna have to check into them things.... :lol:

QuadShotz said:
Of course, ya can just dry 'em as-is too. :)

Cutting them in half does help dry faster and such, but I'm just experimenting with the lemon stuff. We used to use that on some things we dehydrated when I was a kid to stop oxidation....particularly apples,apricots and bananas.

So, thought I'd try it on chiles.

Here's a bigazz dehydrating guide: http://www.aces.uiuc.edu/vista/html_pubs/DRYING/dryfood.html

One aimed more at chiles: http://www.g6csy.net/chile/drying.html

AND..this one. ;)
Keep in mind this is intended for a non-food extraction of Capsaicin...but intereesting.

"Effects of drying procedure, cultivar, and harvest number on capsaicin levels in dried jalapeño peppers."
Source: Dept. of Biosystems Engineering and Environmental Science, The University of Tennessee

http://www.cababstractsplus.org/abstracts/Abstract.aspx?AcNo=20043057414

P.S., If ya never picked up The Joy of Cooking...you should as it's about all you'll need as a cookbook. My copy is 'prolly older than a lot of the members here, but I use it all the time. :)

Hey QuadShotz....I use lemon juice when I can tomatoes to keep the color so I would think it would on peppers as well.....

Dyce51 said:
Hey QuadShotz....I use lemon juice when I can tomatoes to keep the color so I would think it would on peppers as well.....

you're correct! anything acidic used on fruits/veges such as apples, tomatoes, pears, etc... will help them keep there color. chef's do this all the time for food presentation. and anyone out there that wants to challenge me, don't... i'm right lol

Dyce51 said:
Dam Derek that "Magic Bullet" seems to be the most used or abused tool in your kitchen....I'm gonna have to check into them things.... :lol:
Oh yeah, The Magic Bullet is an awesome tool and it can be used for everything.

McGoo said:
Sorry if there was offence caused, it was meant to be humourous, thats all. Im not sure what made mine so bad when a lot of other posts up here would seem to be much worse, but I guess it happens.

I thought it was humourous...as in "most smartest" being a joke in words....kinda like a double negative, eh? ;)

Back