• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Devv-2017-Having a good time in the dirt

Another season has come and gone. Time to start a new one!

Although I did already a few weeks ago :shh: . After last years dismal (late) start I jumped in a bit early to insure I could have viable plants come dirt day. I can always cut them back, if I need to. I have to compile a list yet, but I'm growing the full spectrum. Sweets, to supers, based upon what we will actually use. Most of my list is to make LB happy; I'm really glad to see her infuse peppers in more and more dishes. Can't beat that when the wife takes interest ;)

1.jpg

Not the best pic; but the shelf is being sketchy, and I don't need all the babies bouncing off the floor.

Good luck to all this season :party:

Great looking pods, Scott. Let us know how they taste. I've never grown the Dreadie. I know a little history, but never grown. A good one? Hope you like the BOC. I really like that Scotch Brain. Tail or no tail. If you wouldn't mind, I would love to try a couple seeds from that pheno.

The days do fly by. I haven't been doing much as I want with my glog as well. Sorry I haven't been here. Great updates. Trying to catch up with y'all.

Happy Fourth of July!

Superhot Sim said:
Your P.Dreadie pods are doing you proud Scott , killer phenos dude . :dance: rocotos looking good as well, even in desert heat your bossing it ;)  happy 4th buddy , have a good un. :cheers:

Thanks Sim!

The peppers have been hold their own. I guess I hang with them as long as they hang with me ;)

I have some 15 gallon bags for the container plants, they need it, I'm hitting them every 2 days with water.

OCD Chilehead said:
Great looking pods, Scott. Let us know how they taste. I've never grown the Dreadie. I know a little history, but never grown. A good one? Hope you like the BOC. I really like that Scotch Brain. Tail or no tail. If you wouldn't mind, I would love to try a couple seeds from that pheno.

The days do fly by. I haven't been doing much as I want with my glog as well. Sorry I haven't been here. Great updates. Trying to catch up with y'all.

Happy Fourth of July!

Thanks Chuck!

Seeds will be no problem, I had both the P. Dreadie and the Scotch Brain isolated during the first pod set. The sb's have turned and am waiting a few days to make sure the seeds mature before I pick. I'm thinking the Dreadies may be a bit milder than the MoA's. I need to eat one straight up versus adding it to a meal to really know. I will do that soon!

Enjoy tomorrow!

Glad to hear the Pubes and Annuums are doing so well for ya Scott! It's 61 degrees up here in St John, New Brunswick... Wanna trade some heat?

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

ThatBlondGuy101 said:
Nice stuff! A great variety of pods coming through :dance:
Those pubes must be insane to be setting in your heat -  or maybe its just your great cultivating skills! Keep up the goods, your season's a killer! :party:

All the best, TBG

Thanks!

I'm late with the pepper production this year, they stalled for quite awhile. But now despite the heat they're doing OK. ;)

The forecast is typical for this time of the year high 90's to 100°

stickman said:
Glad to hear the Pubes and Annuums are doing so well for ya Scott! It's 61 degrees up here in St John, New Brunswick... Wanna trade some heat?

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Thanks Rick!

If I could trade some heat for cooler weather I would do it in a heartbeat! The garden soil finally settled in and the plants are a nice deep green now. It's been close to 50 days since I fed the plants anything but the chelated iron and some calmag via a foliar application, I stopped that about a month ago. Finally the soil settled in!

The hardest thing to do is not over water in this heat. I worked really hard trying to get the root system going to handle the heat. I water only when the look like they need it, and so far so good. I have about 70 days of this hella heat before the cool down starts in mid September. I have a Rainbird 6 station timer and 2 valves ordered to water things when we travel in a few weeks. Those battery hose timers hate me. I'm hoping these do the trick. ;)

wiriwiri said:
Nice looking pods Scott..hope the weather eases up some for you ..Enjoy today with the family.
Happy 4th. :dance:

Thanks Sandy!

They're long overdue ;)

Hope your 4th was a great one!

Scott, things around your place are looking really good. nice pods and plants. im still waiting for some production but I have some time to go, not to mention the amount of stress i put the guys through on their way to the new place. Great job, Oh and BTW, I have a lemon drop doing really well that made it through the move :dance:

Back