• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Devv-2017-Having a good time in the dirt

Another season has come and gone. Time to start a new one!

Although I did already a few weeks ago :shh: . After last years dismal (late) start I jumped in a bit early to insure I could have viable plants come dirt day. I can always cut them back, if I need to. I have to compile a list yet, but I'm growing the full spectrum. Sweets, to supers, based upon what we will actually use. Most of my list is to make LB happy; I'm really glad to see her infuse peppers in more and more dishes. Can't beat that when the wife takes interest ;)

1.jpg

Not the best pic; but the shelf is being sketchy, and I don't need all the babies bouncing off the floor.

Good luck to all this season :party:

The whole build and planning you have put together from experiences of your climate , is something truly inspirational Scott , i love the whole fenced out grow, shade cloth , bird netting , but it looks a very tidy master piece .....keep picking , put ya feet up have a cold one ;) but only one lol were the same buddy played it hard paying for it harder now a days :lol:

Pat yaself on ya back .....

Thanks Sim!

Always learning here. Next year larger plants @ dirt day, and wait until April 1st. Things just now kicking it, 30 days late. But it is kicking :dance: 

340.jpg

Nice blocky pods and plenty of flowers.

345.jpg

341.jpg

342.jpg

A week later and the pods are a bit easier to see.

343.jpg

I think my Kurtovska Kapijas crossed with an Urfa Bieber, they taste just like them. All's good though ;)

344.jpg

Aji AMarillo, needs to load up.

346.jpg

Large Orange Thai, just now flowering.

349.jpg

First flower on the Red Manzano. Note the Aphids, They're dead and just don't know it yet :D

338.jpg

339.jpg

I saw this grasshopper seconds after it got trapped; ran and got the camera, it was already being wrapped in silk.

347.jpg

Example of the root system on the sideways planted maters. Yup, started pulling them today.

348.jpg

I see grape-MoA jelly in the near future. ;)

350.jpg

351.jpg

Both Aji Oro's flowering, I hope they set, it's getting pretty hot here.

353.jpg

354.jpg

B.O.C. doing really well. These are in containers.

355.jpg

I finally bought an aquarium pump :rolleyes:

Hey Scott, impressed way!

Your Kurts and orange Thais and Gochus seem to like it here, they acclimated sooner than even the bells, which you told me I may not even want next year...heh heh, that'll be up to SWMBO.

Amazing how deep into your season you are, and mine is just beginning!

Essegi said:
Wow Scott, i see you are already having good crops! I can't imagine on full season!
Well done!

Thanks Giancarlo!

We start early here and end early. ;)  The heat is rolling in at 96° here today, and that's about where it will stay for about 90 days. I'll take that over a New York winter anytime :D

PaulG said:
Looking great, Scott!  Good to see those plants flourishing
and creating awesome pottage for you!  

Kudos on the pump - I say I should start doing tea every
season, but just haven't put words into action on that front.  
Maybe one of the final pieces I need to put in place.

Thanks Paul!

I have been there for several years in regards to buying the pump. They're cheap and all; but I just never did it.

randyp said:
Love those Tom roots Scott. :onfire:

Thank Randy!

Now to figure out how to get peppers to root like that. I think it would be a good experiment. Down here more roots is a good thing. I've really worked on using a deep watering, and not over watering, to get a nice deep root system on the peppers. We'll soon see how that went ;)

moruga welder said:
Really great to see everything is going to plan !  Keep a chugging my friend ,     :party:

Thanks Frank!

Better than I thought after a really slow start IMHO. I think pod setting will slow down being the summer heat is here, hopefully just a few more pods will set!

stettoman said:
Hey Scott, impressed way!

Your Kurts and orange Thais and Gochus seem to like it here, they acclimated sooner than even the bells, which you told me I may not even want next year...heh heh, that'll be up to SWMBO.

Amazing how deep into your season you are, and mine is just beginning!

Thanks Eric!

Glad the peppers are doing well for you!

And yes buddy, we be on a different schedule ;)

Trident chilli said:
All coming together nicely Scott .... bumper season ahead

Thanks John!

Weather permitting, it should finish well. But I've made up my mind; when the dirt grow wanes, I'm not pushing them until fall....but I will do so with the gals in containers. ;)

S'right brother... so what if the Kapijas crossed with the Urfa Bibers, like you said, it's all good! Let me know if you want clean seed though. I sequester mine so I can get those big, meaty Kapija pods for making Ajvar. :drooling:

So the fat lady sang for the 'Maters... it looks like they had a good run. What was your final tally on the harvest? Nice to see your Chinense varieties pumping out the pods and beginning to color up! Cheers!

Back