• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Devv's 2014- Stick a fork in me, I'm done....

Time for the 2014 start...

Many of these plants were made possible by the generous people of the THP sending me seeds and pods Thanks!

I'm looking forward to warmer weather and dirt day!

I have a bunch of seeds started, and plants at all the stages.

Here's the grow bench, a T8 x4 on top and T5 x4 on the bottom, as you can see it's loaded.

0.JPG

Top rack:
1.JPG

Bottom rack:
2.JPG

I like starting the seeds in Jiffy Pellets, as soon as they stand up I trim the mesh off and plant them 1/2" proud in a pot, or in this case a cup.

Red Rocotto the lonely Pube..
12.JPG

A few plants living under the T5, I'm super impressed with this light!

Choc Hab

4.JPG

Bhut x Y7 x Choc Bhut Douglah-Spicegeist

5.JPG

Bhut x Y7 F2-Spicegeist
6.JPG

Yellow Cardi- Jamie
7.JPG

Choc Scorp-Ramon
8.JPG

Peach Bhut- Annie
9.JPG

Going to do some tilling will post more later

Sorry to hear about the dogs.  I wonder what prompted the neighbor's dogs to dig in and attack?  Hopefully, they got the worst of it and learned a lesson.  And yeah, what Shane said.

stc3248 said:
That sucks about the dogs...I would have killed them both. I am a dog lover, but I love MY DOGS more. 
Oh, they will pay, I didn't have the opportunity, missed that chance by 3 seconds. Had the Glock in my hand but the guy ran off before I knew what was going on.

Believe me, I have the gear to make this happen ;)

Devv said:
Oh, they will pay, I didn't have the opportunity, missed that chance by 3 seconds. Had the Glock in my hand but the guy ran off before I knew what was going on.

Believe me, I have the gear to make this happen ;)

Sorry about the dog, but Gaston Glock's inventions sure do come in handy from time to time. It is always comforting to know that you have the resources to take care of the issue if you need to. 

Do you have new water up and running now, or there more to it than just sinking the pipe? $40K for city water :eek: I would be drilling a well too. 

Sorry about the dogs.  Might want to get animal control involved because the next time it could be you or someone else in the house that they go after.  

Really hope your dogs make a full recovery.  

Sawyer said:
Sorry to hear about the dogs.  I wonder what prompted the neighbor's dogs to dig in and attack?  Hopefully, they got the worst of it and learned a lesson.  And yeah, what Shane said.
Thanks John,

He's healing up. The last time he was jumped by three dogs from another neighbor who has since moved. One of them became a 3 legged dog, and they never ever came back up here.
We were going to ask them to pay the vet bill, but decided that we should stay away and keep our eyes peeled. Lead poisoning is terminal.

Thought I would fill you in some more on the well.

Yesterday they sunk the casing, schedule 40 5" PVC. The bottom 40' pieces have .020 laser cut horizontal lines cut for water to enter the casing. They cleaned it using a 20' piece of 4" steel pipe with a ball valve on the bottom. Using a cable they lower it in and pull it out drain, until it's clean. It started out looking like pudding, gradually it cleaned up. A lot of drillers just force compressed air down, but that can make for a well that always draws sand. When the pipe came up clean (no mud) they dropped it a few more times. They filled the bottom 100' full of gravel around the casing. Then when it was clean they stuffed plastic down the sides of the casing and poured concrete in to seal things. The well is @ 300' and water starts @ 171'. We should be good!

maximumcapsicum said:
Wow sucks about the dogs Scott! Take care!
Thanks Adam,

Otis is a really special dog.
meatfreak said:
Sorry to hear bout the dogs :( and happy to hear the germ rates were excellent :)
Thanks Stefan,

And thanks again for the seeds!
Jeff H said:

Sorry about the dog, but Gaston Glock's inventions sure do come in handy from time to time. It is always comforting to know that you have the resources to take care of the issue if you need to. 

Do you have new water up and running now, or there more to it than just sinking the pipe? $40K for city water :eek: I would be drilling a well too. 
Thanks Jeff,

The well is ready for the slab to be poured and then they have to lower the pump, but it's in really good water, last check was 129'

HillBilly Jeff said:
Sorry about the dogs.  Might want to get animal control involved because the next time it could be you or someone else in the house that they go after.  

Really hope your dogs make a full recovery.  
Thanks Jeff,

I don't think they have animal control in the county, I'm going to call the Sheriff's dept. tomorrow and see what our options are. And yes my Grand kids come over, and of course the wife and I in the morning when it's dark concern me. Been real busy rubber necking the well drillers :shh:

Pinoy83 said:
sorry about the dog my friend,
Thanks Jericson.

Essegi said:
So sorry about the dog! Hope a quick and full recover!
Thanks SG,

He's doing much better. I still keep the dogs in the house until he's 100%

So I didn't get to take any pics today, or do anything I wanted. It's a 175' run to the new well. I'm responsible for bringing the electric and piping the water line back to our treatment equipment. So I worked on the electrical stuff. 40' or more needs to be dug by hand. The ground is dry and hard as rock, so I have to wet it to dig, got most of it done. I'm not in the same shape I was 10 years ago, desk job will do that, I did make a huge dent in it though. The wiring is ready for them when they need it.

Took the ladies outside for watering and a day in the sun, now I have to bring them back inside...

Thanks for all of the good wishes for my dogs!

of the casing was full.

Sorry to hear about the doggies, that sucks, but glad to hear that they'll be ok. Do they know what their dogs did? Will you have to try and reinforce the fence somehow to keep them out?

GA Growhead said:
Glad to here Otis is doing OK and the well is going in well. :)
Thanks for your well and doggie wishes!

Penny said:
Sorry to hear about the doggies, that sucks, but glad to hear that they'll be ok. Do they know what their dogs did? Will you have to try and reinforce the fence somehow to keep them out?
Thanks Penny,

I haven't been down to talk to them, I want to wait awhile, that way I won't have as near as much attitude. I'm sure they know what they did, it took 5 towels to wipe the blood off Otis. And I know Otis, he gave better than he took.

It's hard to do anything to keep them out if they dig. It's very sandy.

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
bad dogs.. that sucks... as for your plants.. your plants look happier than mine.. i guess it helps ya'll have lights on them 16hrs a day.. lol
Thanks Denniz,

The plants are doing well considering they don't get the sunlight I would like them to.

It's supposed to warm up after Wed. hopefully I can start to get them hardened off.

I took a few pics, then knocked one on the floor, so just a few.

Manzano's from Rick's seed are starting to look really healthy.
347.JPG

348.JPG

349.JPG

Some babies from seed Scarecrw sent, these germed well, went 5/6, the one not shown is the one that bounced.
350.JPG

Wed. is supposed warm up, hopefully I can get them outside and get some more pics..

Congrats Scott... your hairy ladies are looking great! ;)

Sorry to hear Otis got cut up, but glad to hear he's on the mend. You might want to see if you can get ahold of the pepper spray cans they carry in Alaska for the Grizzlies... they're the size of small fire extinguishers and have at least twice the range of the ones intended for people... :hell:

Scott the story about the dogs had my heart beating and adrenaline rushing. I'm glad to read your dog made it out of there safely.

Great job with the pot up's, very healthy and robust plants.....even though the Manzano could use a shave (5 o'clock shadow)............har

Back