• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Devv's 2014- Stick a fork in me, I'm done....

Time for the 2014 start...

Many of these plants were made possible by the generous people of the THP sending me seeds and pods Thanks!

I'm looking forward to warmer weather and dirt day!

I have a bunch of seeds started, and plants at all the stages.

Here's the grow bench, a T8 x4 on top and T5 x4 on the bottom, as you can see it's loaded.

0.JPG

Top rack:
1.JPG

Bottom rack:
2.JPG

I like starting the seeds in Jiffy Pellets, as soon as they stand up I trim the mesh off and plant them 1/2" proud in a pot, or in this case a cup.

Red Rocotto the lonely Pube..
12.JPG

A few plants living under the T5, I'm super impressed with this light!

Choc Hab

4.JPG

Bhut x Y7 x Choc Bhut Douglah-Spicegeist

5.JPG

Bhut x Y7 F2-Spicegeist
6.JPG

Yellow Cardi- Jamie
7.JPG

Choc Scorp-Ramon
8.JPG

Peach Bhut- Annie
9.JPG

Going to do some tilling will post more later

lucilanga said:
Right and when you do a new update on your site or a new post, it's just a matter of taking the pictures starting with 1007 and so forth. As opposed to taking DSCN2482, DSCN2486 etc.
Certainly makes sense. Thanks!

I posted it hoping someone can make use of it ;)

OCD Chilehead said:
Holy cannoli Scott. Those are some pretty proud looking plants. Good job. Liking all the pod color. Keep babying that knee. Mine is feeling a lot better. Have been taking it easy during the week. Saving it for the weekend. Have a good day.

Thanks Chuck!

I'm babying it, but adding just a little more time on my feet each day as long I don't go backwards. So far I'm still moving forward ;)

Runescape said:
Awesome plants and pods, cant wait to see devtex.net
 Thanks Rune!

Devtex.net is our domain back from 1996. The wife and I owned a dial-up ISP and kept the domain..too lazy for a website ;)

A few more pics:

1017.jpg

In the dirt NagaBrain, seeds from Gary, Jamie's the one who came up with the cross.

1018.jpg

Here's the other dirt NagaBrain, both have a few pods. They were late starts compared to some of the  others.

1019.jpg

Nice gnarly NagaBrain pod ;) :dance:
1020.jpg

No color yet, but this Yellow Fatalii is loading up. Seeds from pods Annie sent. Edit: I have to go back and have a look, I think see some red?

1021.jpg

Hmmmm. cut the bottom of that one off. Pod from the above plant.

Scott, just... Wow! Ya... next year you may just need 5 foot spacing in your plants... :rofl: You'd better start selling LB on a new chest freezer or start laying in wood for making chipotles... ;)

My first car, bought after I got out of the Army was a monkey s*** brown Pinto wagon with an automatic transmission. I drove it for a year with no problems, but when I was coming home after dropping my sister's stuff off at her college dorm, the flex plate in the tranny cored itself like an apple on a level stretch of road. I couldn't figure out why the engine was racing but I was losing power. I pulled over and shut off the engine to look things over, and when I tried to start it again, I could hear the starter motor turning over the ring gear bolted onto the torque converter, but it wasn't turning over the engine. It sounds like your standard tranny was built stronger.

Cheers!

MeatHead1313 said:
Simply amazing Scott! Pods everywhere! That nagabrain looks like it's going to be mean! And I concur with the edit on the fatalii pic. I can see colour down the bottom and looks like one turning in the middle too.
 Thanks Chris!

A much better year than last. The Habs and just one super put pods on during the spring and summer. This year it's totally different most of the plants are loaded, a few mainly the Habs are just coasting and I don't know why...

TrentL said:
Dude that nagabrain pic made me cringe... that's definitely going to be in the "hot enough to require baby wipes the next day" level of agony. :)

That one and the Jigsaw are scarey! I certainly don't want to "go there" regarding the bay wipes...LOL

stickman said:
Scott, just... Wow! Ya... next year you may just need 5 foot spacing in your plants... :rofl: You'd better start selling LB on a new chest freezer or start laying in wood for making chipotles... ;)

My first car, bought after I got out of the Army was a monkey s*** brown Pinto wagon with an automatic transmission. I drove it for a year with no problems, but when I was coming home after dropping my sister's stuff off at her college dorm, the flex plate in the tranny cored itself like an apple on a level stretch of road. I couldn't figure out why the engine was racing but I was losing power. I pulled over and shut off the engine to look things over, and when I tried to start it again, I could hear the starter motor turning over the ring gear bolted onto the torque converter, but it wasn't turning over the engine. It sounds like your standard tranny was built stronger.

Cheers!

Thanks Rick!

I am going to 5 feet next season for 2 reasons. Eliminate the crowding, and it forces me to not plant so many!

The progress in the auto industry amazes me, I started working on cars in the early 70's. Back then 100k on an engine meant it was worn out, auto transmissions the same. Even in the 90's I started seeing Chevy trucks come into the Dealership with 500K plus miles on them, and they ran great. Engine was original.

Flywheels and flexplates cracking back then were quite common, I think they were too hard and brittle. Most came in for noise, very few did what yours did.

I bet you wish there were cell phones back then!

Devv said:
Flywheels and flexplates cracking back then were quite common, I think they were too hard and brittle. Most came in for noise, very few did what yours did.

I bet you wish there were cell phones back then!

Yup... I think they should have doubled the thickness of the metal and case-hardened them instead of what they did. There were cell phones then, but they were briefcase-sized, and only a CEO of a big company or a rich man could afford one...  The miniaturization of electronics in the last 30 years is also just astounding.

Here's a few from the raised beds. They're finally starting to look presentable. What went in the raised beds were the late germs and smaller plants. They got the crap beat out of them by the wind and then the mites came in to finish them off. They are still a bit rough looking but kicking in nicely.

1026.jpg

NagaBrains ripening, these have a different pheno than the ones in the dirt. I believe I have 4 total, and have friends growing them out too. I just flat ran out of room this year.

1027.jpg

Tobago Treasure looking much better and growing well.

1028.jpg

Top shot of a happy Serrano, just loaded with flowers! This particular bed is rather crowded :shh:

1029.jpg

This little bush is a growdown Chuncho, I'll enter it in the wide contest.

1030.jpg

Another Tobago Treasure, this one is starting to flower up.

maximumcapsicum said:
YES! Raised beds are making some nice pods man! Does that mean the mite issue has worked itself out? Ironically I think they just headed East... pretty sure I got 'em in my MoA. Plant is weathering the storm nicely though.

NagaBrains are looking nice. Love the bumps.

Thanks Adam!

They're behind but trying hard. Picked a few today from the beds...

OCD Chilehead said:
I can't believe those are the same raised beds. WOW! Very nice pod pics. I'm glad you have had some good weather this season. The plants look great.

Thanks Chuck!

We've certain had great weather this year for a garden, it's been around 10 years since we had rain at regular intervals. Hope this pattern holds for the next 10 years ;)

I went out and watered while LB picked this morning, she's been a great help!

1031.jpg

1033.jpg

1032.jpg

Jigsaw's, Bonda's, JA Hab's, Yellow Cardi's, White Bhut's-they have a Hab look to them, TS Moruga Bhut's, Bhut Yellow 7's, Brown 7 Pot's, a lone Brown Hab, Yellow Brains, Yellow 7 Pot's, Funky Reaper's, More Jigsaw's from another plant, Scotch Bonnets (store seeds), and NagaBrain's.

1034.jpg

1035.jpg

1036.jpg

Some Annuum's and Bac's

Numex Jalamundo's, Jimmy Nardello's, Serrano's, Aji Lemon and Pineapple's mixed, Billy Biker's and assorted Jal's (LB mixed them all together), Costeno Amarillo's, Onza Roja, Kurt, Sweet Paprika's, and Urfa Biber's

I think we're fixin to get busy here!

Awesome harvest pics Scott.

Question: 2nd pic, lower left. Yellow 7?

They look just like mine last year. I was surprised how mild they were compared to the Y7 brain strains I had growing. Still very hot, but not scalding like the BS. Good flavor too. My favorite pepper for fish so far.

You best let her pick all the time.  Her pulls are much larger than yours have been! 

A lot of nice looking pods there!

Everything is looking fantastic,Scott!
If your rain holds up you'll have to use the tractor bucket to haul 'em to the house.

The white bhuts appear to have a good color going. Mine are a ways out on color but I'm noticing wider variation in pod type than yours
I'd like to see the seed line develop the classic bhut pod. I guess the breeders are working on it.
Pretty pull!

That Jigsaw makes a big plant. One of my two is almost head and shoulders above the rest of the chinense.

Keep the peppers hot and the beer cold.

Back