• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

did The King eat chiles?

while I'm cruising the threads I'm listening to Elvis and a question came to me...

did Elvis eat chiles?

long live the King!

I saw him a couple of weekends ago when we were watching the meteor shower. He was riding shot gun in a flying saucer playing chicken with the meteors.

I think you'll find that Elvis was in fact the first person to 'discover' the bhut jolokia... That's what really killed him... :hell:

On a (slightly) more serious note... from what I've heard about his eating habits, if he did eat chillies, they would've been deep-fried.

BobsYourUncle said:
I think you'll find that Elvis was in fact the first person to 'discover' the bhut jolokia... That's what really killed him... :hell:

lol!

BobsYourUncle said:
On a (slightly) more serious note... from what I've heard about his eating habits, if he did eat chillies, they would've been deep-fried.

yeah, inside a peanut butter and banana sandwich!

I am pretty sure he was eating valium annuum and the seconal yellow hungarian varieties of chiles. He also had a fondness for the Mandrix habanero as well.

"That's right little lady. I'd never do anything to harm you. Just take a handful of these pills. They're like aspirin..only...better! Later we'll go upstairs. Don't worry, I'll treat you just like a sister...only ..different! Thank you. Thank you very much."

bentalphanerd said:
Just imagining your cake with all the tobasco peppers poking up on top instead of candles ;)

Oh. What a great idea.

I have a recipe for Southwestern Cheesecake somewhere, pepper candles would make it perfect.

I'm guessing probably not except maybe bell peppers. I'm just basing that on the food I ate growing up in the south in the 60s. Hot peppers were pretty rare but peanut butter and banana sandwiches were a common treat.

Back