• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

did The King eat chiles?

while I'm cruising the threads I'm listening to Elvis and a question came to me...

did Elvis eat chiles?

long live the King!

I saw him a couple of weekends ago when we were watching the meteor shower. He was riding shot gun in a flying saucer playing chicken with the meteors.

I think you'll find that Elvis was in fact the first person to 'discover' the bhut jolokia... That's what really killed him... :hell:

On a (slightly) more serious note... from what I've heard about his eating habits, if he did eat chillies, they would've been deep-fried.

BobsYourUncle said:
I think you'll find that Elvis was in fact the first person to 'discover' the bhut jolokia... That's what really killed him... :hell:

lol!

BobsYourUncle said:
On a (slightly) more serious note... from what I've heard about his eating habits, if he did eat chillies, they would've been deep-fried.

yeah, inside a peanut butter and banana sandwich!

I am pretty sure he was eating valium annuum and the seconal yellow hungarian varieties of chiles. He also had a fondness for the Mandrix habanero as well.

"That's right little lady. I'd never do anything to harm you. Just take a handful of these pills. They're like aspirin..only...better! Later we'll go upstairs. Don't worry, I'll treat you just like a sister...only ..different! Thank you. Thank you very much."

bentalphanerd said:
Just imagining your cake with all the tobasco peppers poking up on top instead of candles ;)

Oh. What a great idea.

I have a recipe for Southwestern Cheesecake somewhere, pepper candles would make it perfect.

I'm guessing probably not except maybe bell peppers. I'm just basing that on the food I ate growing up in the south in the 60s. Hot peppers were pretty rare but peanut butter and banana sandwiches were a common treat.

Back