• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

breeding Did this cross?

Those peppers are beautiful! Some of them look pure and others look like a cross but they all look fantastic! Congrats on your amazing harvest!

joeknowsjolokia said:
Looks like it was crossed with a 7pot.:shocked:

I wish but I didn't have any 7pots at the time. Just Bhuts, Red Savinas, Jalapeno/Habanero F2, and Bell Peppers growing.

I'm not an expert on pepper flavor and I don't have any other types ripe right now to compare it to. It is super hot. It has a very strong smell and a fruity flavor like what I remember bhuts tasted like last year.

In order to figure out whether it really is a cross and what the father plant is I planted a couple of the seeds. If it did cross these should be f2s so some recessive traits should show up and there should be some variation between plants. Do these all look like chinense? Any of them look like they could be partly something else? The original plant was grown next to a 100% chinense, a 50% chinense/50% annuum, and a 100% annuum. That would make these either 100% chinense, 75% chinense/25% annuum, or 50% chinense/50% annuum.

DSCN0293.jpg

DSCN0298.jpg

Back