• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Diningroom Contest Idea...

The mere suggestion of this may very well re-earn me the DQ tiara, but I'm going to suggest it anyway. ;)

I was thinking with all the outstanding and creative chefs we have here on THP that we might transfer that into another type of contest. How about we see who has the most original/creative/traditional diningroom presentation?

We could get together and post our photos a few times a year of our diningrooms as if we were ready to entertain a holiday or a large get-together. No food would be involved....just the place setting, and general theme for the occasion.....then put them to a vote.

I don't suppose there'd have to be a crown involved.....but some sort of distinction for the winners. This might be a silly suggestion, but it would provide another creative outlet!

Opinions? Comments?

Martha Stewart has hacked paulky's account! Nooooesss. Wait. Never mind. This does sound like paulky :lol:

I think you have just earned those sparkly diamond earrings you have been eyeing off at the store, they'll go perfectly with the tiara and heels ( once u earn them back but I thonk u r on your way!!)

good suggestion but dunno how many contenders you'd get- our dinner is usually on the coffee table on front of the tv ;)

paulky_2000 said:
The mere suggestion of this may very well re-earn me the DQ tiara, but I'm going to suggest it anyway. ;)

I was thinking with all the outstanding and creative chefs we have here on THP that we might transfer that into another type of contest. How about we see who has the most original/creative/traditional diningroom presentation?

We could get together and post our photos a few times a year of our diningrooms as if we were ready to entertain a holiday or a large get-together. No food would be involved....just the place setting, and general theme for the occasion.....then put them to a vote.

I don't suppose there'd have to be a crown involved.....but some sort of distinction for the winners. This might be a silly suggestion, but it would provide another creative outlet!

Opinions? Comments?

Apparently, you sir have been smoking the potpourri in the bathroom.

Maybe he got the idea from the pics of your bathroom :lol:

thehotpepper.com said:
Maybe he got the idea from the pics of your bathroom :lol:

No. Those photographs are top secret government property and will not be declassified for 25 years or until my death, whichever comes first.

Nice job quoting it for posterity TB :lol:

Is this whole board falling apart? You were bandaged and I think Pepperfreak had foot surgery. I've been in and out of the hospital and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. We should be stronger. WE BREATHE FIRE!!!!

Now we resume our regularly scheduled topic.

pileiton said:
Is this whole board falling apart? You were bandaged and I think Pepperfreak had foot surgery. I've been in and out of the hospital and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. We should be stronger. WE BREATHE FIRE!!!!

Now we resume our regularly scheduled topic.

Those bandages were from the virtual internet beatin'! In real life...my kung fu is VERY good! Pauls Kentucky Jeet Kun Do shall defeat his enemies!

I don't even have a dining room.

Back