• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Distorted Leaves on Canopy---PICS

here are the pics... any thoughts on this would be great !

suck001-1.jpg

suck002-1.jpg

suck003-1.jpg

suck004-1.jpg

If it is in fact calcium (i've had similar problems with chinense varieties before, and my suspicion was calcium as well), be careful with the bone meal. Bone meal is first and foremost a fertilizer and can be about 4-12-0. So if you're already fertilizing with something else that could burn your plants.

Another option is dolomite lime which has calcium and isn't a fertilizer

Also could check out Cal-Mag Plus, which is what I use as a preventative measure along with my nutes.

Calcium isn't very mobile inside the plant and it's hard to correct a calcium deficiency by adding calcium to the soil. I hear foliar feeding is the best way to get calcium in fast, but I dont' know what to suggest to use for that.

I never did figure out what was wrong with those plants.... so good luck and let us know if you get it fixed.

http://www.thebigtomato.com/catalog/botanicare-cal-mag-plus.htm

CAL-MAG Plus ™ Helps Prevent
• Blossom end rot in tomatoes and peppers
• Tip burn in lettuce and cabbage
• Dry and withered flower and fruit sets
• Interveinal chlorosis
• Stunted growth rates
• Upward leaf curl

CAL-MAG Plus ™ Helps Increase
• Cell division and plant tissue development
• Flower and fruit sets
• Water nutrient and carbon dioxide uptake
• Growth rates and crop maturity

Hotpeppa said:
Thanks SnakeDoc,

that could indeed be the problem !

I'll be running to the Hardware store today to get some..

thanks a Bunch dude.;)

I doubt it's a calcium deficiency, it hasn't even made any pods yet. I have a Fatalii that looks like it has similar damage and it was battling some aphids earlier. I think it's just some deformed leaves where bugs were sucking. Save the bonemeal for late season after you've made a bunch of pods. That's what I always did and my plants kept kicking out more pods until winter.

Ciao Hotpeppa-

I see what you mean now with your leaf issues. I'm not sure what's going on with some of Duane's annums, but it doesn't look like what you're seeing. I'm posting more photos today. I'll keep an eye on your thread here to see what happens with your plants. Sorry I don't have enough pepper wisdom yet to offer a solution.

I believe coir is know for calcium problems, but the coco nutes(usually high in calcium) should take care of that.

Back