• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Does anyone else use Sriracha chile sauce instead of ketchup?

Do you use Sriracha like ketchup?

• Total voters
oh yea, I don't use ketchup, I use BBQ sauce instead of nasty ketchup. if not BBQ sauce then yes it's some sort of hot sauce & rooster sauce would be a very good choice to use!!

omri-- where do you get those other flavors of rooster sauce ? I can only find the green cap. I remember you posting a picture of like 7 different flavored sriracha's.

lol, they're +- about the same flavor. the yellow one is labeled as "strong" and is a little hotter. I guess different chiles, but dunno. when I got those I saw like 999,999,999,999,999 other flavors, but that was way to complicated for me, so I took the original, strong and garlic (cause I just love garlic). got mine from my little trip to Thailand, you can't usually buy that stuff here. brought commercial quantities... I'm surprised I wasn't held by costumes. :lol:

Black Sabbath and ABBA? WTF?! WTF?!@#$%!!!!1...

I've never seen they yellow one either! They might be the same flavor but now i gotta visit every Asian Market in NY to find it.

The red is fantastic on pizza, especially a fully loaded deep dish. I mix in a bit of thai hot powder to kick it up a little.

imaguitargod said:
MUSTARD! DO NOT WANT!

Igg saying no? Twice? Hmmm....

Must admit that I've never heard of Sriracha before. Not a big fan of asian foods, I basically only eat it if someone offers me some for free. Would love to go to Thailand though, might change my mind about the food if I ever go.

I had to vote no, cause I haven't used it...

I put it on about everything, so voted ya.

Try mixing wit mayo fro a nifty fries/burger/sammich/whatever sauce.

I also am considering buying an extra bottle of Sambal Olek and throwing it in a blender....Mmmmm, I love that stuff, but the seeds bug my crappy teeth.

Only one good place for ketchup...on fries..period! The Rooster? Dig it on pasta, pizza and burgers. A bit light on the heat but lots of flavor!

Cheers, TB.

QuadShotz said:
I put it on about everything, so voted ya.

Try mixing wit mayo fro a nifty fries/burger/sammich/whatever sauce.

I also am considering buying an extra bottle of Sambal Olek and throwing it in a blender....Mmmmm, I love that stuff, but the seeds bug my crappy teeth.
Do you really want to eat little pieces of bottles? :shocked:
rainbowberry said:
If you use it like ketchup it will certainly keep the vampires away, that stuff is nice but packed with garlic.
Not true. I'm a vampire and garlic only makes the blood a whole lot tastier.

Omri said:
Black Sabbath and ABBA? WTF?! WTF?!@#$%!!!!1...

I knew that'd get you :lol: I'm just razzing ya since you think so highly of black sabbath :P

MrArboc said:
Must admit that I've never heard of Sriracha before. Not a big fan of asian foods

if you have a chance to buy some Sriracha - Rooster brand, picture of a rooster on the label (from Huy Fong foods, well in america it is) buy some!! you'll like it!!
as for asian food learn to try more of it cuz you'll findout that you'll like asian food - try a black bean sauce dish or hot n' sour soup :drooling:

rainbowberry said:
that stuff is nice but packed with garlic.

I don't find the garlic overwhelming in the rooster sauce.

I wouldn't say I use Sriracha instead of ketchup, because I've never been much of a ketchup fan. However, it's more accurate to say that I use Sriracha on everything, much like others put ketchup on everything. Does that make sense? When I first tried it I didn't really care for it because in my mind I thought that it wouldn't really go well w/ anything except oriental cuisine. I was wrong! I soon realized it pretty much goes w/ everything. I prolly use it once a day, even if I just have it w/ a lil snack.

I use the rooster quite a bit on a lot if things BUT i also love Intensity Academy's Chai Chipotle Chup as well. That stuff makes fries AWESOME too.

I just used it today as a pizza sauce.

Just spread it on a slice of garlic sourdough, sprinkled with onion & hab powder, some oregano, added cajun sausage/mushrooms/onions/and a mix of habanero jack under and and smoked gouda on top for a nice toaster oven pizza. :)

Sorry, no pix, it was scarfed down.

QuadShotz said:
I just used it today as a pizza sauce.

Just spread it on a slice of garlic sourdough, sprinkled with onion & hab powder, some oregano, added cajun sausage/mushrooms/onions/and a mix of habanero jack under and and smoked gouda on top for a nice toaster oven pizza. :)

Sorry, no pix, it was scarfed down.

Ok thats it i'm picking up bread & cheese at the store tomorrow.

Back