• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Does anyone got any extreme hot sauce recipes?

I have dried ghost chili and carolina reaper pods i recently just bought.

Now i have a magic bullet that grinds things up really good. I rehydrated my pepper by cutting the very top of where the stem is, and then i warmed it on the stove for 3 mins and flipped them over every few seconds so they wouldn't burn. And then i let them soak in warm water for 30 mins. And while i was waiting the 30mins i went over to my local grocerie store and bought regular red hot sauce and i came back. I put the whole reaper and ghost pepper in the magic bullet with the hot sauce and grinded it up and let it sit for a half hour. It didn't do anything, it wasn't as hot as it should have been, so i try boiling on the stove for alittle bit and it still didnt do much.

Now i am an in experienced cook!

The reason i came here was because i know i am doing something wrong. I had ghost chili wings at my wing place near me before and it was way hotter. So i finally came to conclusion im probably not mixing stuff the right way!

Im looking to make an extreme hot sauce so i can have a challenge with my friend, please and thank you if someone has any sauces up their sleeve to share  :)

Buy some fresh reaper, ghost, moruga or whatever superhot pods you can get your hands on.  Puree them and add a brine to it enough to cover the pepper mash in a mason jar and seal it lightly.  Wait 2 months.  Put it through the blender again and have at it.

I bet a lot of your heat was lost in the water...

Also how big was this hot sauce bottle? I add 6 choc bhuts to 500ml dijon and its a nice burn thats really not over the top. Everyday sorta thing.

You want an extreme challenge why not get fresh pods and eat them whole... screw the sauce. Unless you want to use a sauce to fill a fresh pod for the gusher challenge. Remember to post the video here at THP.

Looking for fresh pods? You've come to the right place! Nearly all the venders here have great track records.

AaronRiot said:
I bet a lot of your heat was lost in the water...

Also how big was this hot sauce bottle? I add 6 choc bhuts to 500ml dijon and its a nice burn thats really not over the top. Everyday sorta thing.

You want an extreme challenge why not get fresh pods and eat them whole... screw the sauce. Unless you want to use a sauce to fill a fresh pod for the gusher challenge. Remember to post the video here at THP.

Looking for fresh pods? You've come to the right place! Nearly all the venders here have great track records.
I actually a few weeks ago ate one of my friends raw ghost chili. And thats why i got the dried pods. Wasn't that spicy to me but it burned my throat a little and then when it hit my stomach thats when the agony began. I regretted it for the time being and then when it was over i did not care anymore, and i would definitely do it again. I did not record it though because i was not planning on eatting the whole thing at first. I cut a piece of the chili off and i was like this is not hot. I went to the cut another peice and as im cutting off the other peice im looking at the rest of the pepper with all the seeds. And im like i don't want that and i cut the stem off the other end and ate the rest of the pepper seeds and all.

Gusher challenge sounds good. I will have to try that because i really wanted to upload my ghost chili challenge before the first time, i will have to get my hands on reaper sauce or something!

KingOfTheHeat said:

I actually a few weeks ago ate one of my friends raw ghost chili. And thats why i got the dried pods. Wasn't that spicy to me but it burned my throat a little and then when it hit my stomach thats when the agony began. I regretted it for the time being and then when it was over i did not care anymore, and i would definitely do it again. I did not record it though because i was not planning on eatting the whole thing at first. I cut a piece of the chili off and i was like this is not hot. I went to the cut another peice and as im cutting off the other peice im looking at the rest of the pepper with all the seeds. And im like i don't want that and i cut the stem off the other end and ate the rest of the pepper seeds and all.

Gusher challenge sounds good. I will have to try that because i really wanted to upload my ghost chili challenge before the first time, i will have to get my hands on reaper sauce or something!

Did you chew it up for a minute?

Forget the reaper sauce..

http://www.texascreekproducts.com/products.html for pure evil look here :shh:

Back