• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

does anyone have pics of plants from seeds you got from me??

Hey Joe-

Here is what I have growing out of the Royal Black seeds you sent:

I have read that the Royal Black ripens to red. The pods are green, but turn black where the sun hits them. Some of the pods on this plant have been there for a couple of months without a hint of color change. Do yours ripen to red? Do you recall how long it took them to ripen? The plant is about 3 1/2 feet tall. Thanks!
wow nice plant but the pods are huge,i seem to remember the pods where smaller from the plants i harvested the seeds from (about about a little less that a 1 1/2 inches), im beginning to wonder if its not a cross?? i would like to think its not

yes they do turn red eventually

thanks stay in touch

your Friend Joe

some more pics for you Joe.

Peach bhuts - Bumpy type

i LOVE the look of these.
P1000587.JPG

Peach Bhuts - Top
peach Habalokia - Bottom
P1000589.JPG

Peach Buhts
Smooth Type - Left
Bumpy type - Right
P1000592.JPG

Scotch Bonnet Red
P1000595.JPG

scotch Bonnet Chocolate
P1000597.JPG

infinity
P1000608.JPG

all look great

its seem some of the habalokia reverted back to full bhut because the smooth ones are actually the true peach habalokia, wow that's weird i never thought that could happen but it looks like with some the bhut gene is more dominant usually its the hab that dominates +1 my friend nice everything!!

thanks your friend Joe

ajijoe said:
wow nice plant but the pods are huge,i seem to remember the pods where smaller from the plants i harvested the seeds from (about about a little less that a 1 1/2 inches), im beginning to wonder if its not a cross?? i would like to think its not

yes they do turn red eventually

thanks stay in touch

your Friend Joe
Thanks Joe!  The plant must have somehow known about my post.  Just yesterday evening I found three red pods on it.  ;)

StupidJerk said:
Any idea which kind of Chocolate Hab this is?(from the plant I posted earlier)
G40dzwg.jpg
not yet still green and it will either be a choco scotch bonnet,Jamaican hot choco or a regular hab

thanks your friend Joe

anyone got any good pics?? would love to see how there doing now

seeing most are starting to fruit

thanks your friend Joe

Hi Joe,
I planted a bunch of mystery surprise seeds from you...I have a row of them in one of the gardens.
Here they are (Hoping you will identify them for me :) )

The Magical Mystery Pepper Tour

http://youtu.be/kRcMMFi4MWQ

I've been looking for this thread.  I'll take some pictures soon and post here.  Plants grown from the mystery surprise seeds.

soory man i struck out badly here, :rolleyes:  i have been adding seeds to that mix since early 2009 so i only knew a few hard to remember them all

i actually didnt see a single Chinese in that row sorry most are Annums
but here goes

#1- aji jose (Mine) c. baccatum
#2- ?
#3- firecracker pequin
#4- ?
#5- ?
#6- piontcettia cayenne (Japanese)
#7 though #10 ?

hiope this helps a little

thanks your friend Joe

Well, the seed didn't come from you Joe...but these are your varieties if I remember correctly.
Black Stinger

BlackStingers_zps5cfe1032.jpg

Chocolate Hand Grenade
ChocolateHandGrenades_zps99dd5ffa.jpg

the stinger doenst always have a stinger kinda misleading

yes that is the # 2 choco grenade its the longer version

thanks your friend Joe

Chewi said:
Great Joe, I have enjoyed both of these peppers this year. The choco grenade puts out a TON of pods!
great and i know there a good prducer

what did you think of the flavor??

please let me know

thanks your friend Joe

I like them. Mine actually ripen to red. I didn't know if they were supposed to or not. They are plenty hot! I haven't had a ripe one in a few months. I'll be sure to update with a more detailed flavor description in a few weeks. I'll try to snag an updated picture. There must be 50 pods on there right now. Probably measures 5 feet tall and has branches that extend 3 feet either side!

Chewi said:
I like them. Mine actually ripen to red. I didn't know if they were supposed to or not. They are plenty hot! I haven't had a ripe one in a few months. I'll be sure to update with a more detailed flavor description in a few weeks. I'll try to snag an updated picture. There must be 50 pods on there right now. Probably measures 5 feet tall and has branches that extend 3 feet either side!
sometimes they do in some ways its still a work in progress, where they long and pointed like in the pic?

i have a red handgrenade thats a little shorter and blunter as well as fatter too, however  i have had great luck with the #1 being chocolate and small as they are supposed to be, yes the plants are large for sure and yes they are an awesome producer to boot

yeah definatly stay in touch

thanks your friend Joe

Back