• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Does anyone take a multi-vitamin each day?

One a Day Mens Health Formula I looked at [background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] Life Force Mutiple that Bhut camp mentioned at that looks like a a quality vitamin that I will purchase next myself[/background]

Most gringoz(especially yankees) are faulty in D3 and magnesium. D2 is crap and so is magnesium citrate or glycate.You want D3 and Magnesium chloride. I also don't see any omegas in those. I take Omacor($$$) but us drunks need it to keep the triglycerides in check.Most fish oil is garbage like everything else GNC pawns.Look for a prescription grade organic fish oil. All the other crap you can get plenty of with Da Team. Onion, Garlic, Pepperz, Ginger, Banana and Materz.Those are my multivitamins.
Toss in some regular avocado, DARK chocolate and cheeses.Rinse with beer.

I am not trying to stir the pot here but... I am of the undrestanding that "natural" multi-vitamins are worthless. Couple of issues but not least of which is that they require a "pill press" in order to get all those ingredients in a single pill. This press makes the vitamin virtually undigestible. I.e. you crap it out.

Carvin you still taking those Costco vitamins? I picked them up and been taking them for a week.

You like them?

Carvin you still taking those Costco vitamins? I picked them up and been taking them for a week.

You like them?

Yes I am still taking them. They seem good so far and I think I have a little more energy but that could be the placebo effect you see in many people who start taking a new vitamin, etc. Even if I don't feel anything from them I think it's great to have all those extra vitamins to help repair and protect the body from colds, etc.
I believe they may help some with stress as well which is a good thing.

How are you liking the vitamins armac? I hate swallowing 7 every morning but it's probably worth it.

I go into work at 4am, I have wolf down a banana then swallow all those pills on the way to work. It is not fun.

Like you said I am sure the extra nutrients in our body cannot be bad for you.

I go into work at 4am, I have wolf down a banana then swallow all those pills on the way to work. It is not fun.

Like you said I am sure the extra nutrients in our body cannot be bad for you.

They make your pee a pretty bright yellow as well. :lol:
Probably all the Vitamin C.

Yeah me too.

I drink 64 ounces of water BEFORE I get to work, 2 Powerade bottles of water, and I still pee radiated yellow.

Nope - the neon pee is from the B vitamins! hahaha Your body absorbs what it can and pees out the rest.
That's why it's good to take them with food - they stay in the system longer and absorb better.

Not sure what the 7 different pills are, I should go back to the op maybe. But my experience with those kind of 'packs' of supplements is that it's better to break them up into groups and take them throughout the day. But that takes alot of discipline (or at least memory!), and most folks won't go for that.

Anything that aids in repairs and protection has to be worth it. I used to aim for extra energy - but at this stage, a great overnight recuperation is pretty dang energizing!!!!! :D

I've always heard that multi's were bogus and that a lot of the elements block each other from being absorbed. I never looked into it though.

My thoughts are taking the vitamins daily is part of the mentality that I am trying to get in better shape.....take vitamin, try to eat better, and get in my exercise. Kind of a package deal, the vitamins could be a hoax, I doubt that but, it is part of the regimen that works for me.

My thoughts are taking the vitamins daily is part of the mentality that I am trying to get in better shape.....take vitamin, try to eat better, and get in my exercise. Kind of a package deal, the vitamins could be a hoax, I doubt that but, it is part of the regimen that works for me.

They are not a hoax armac as there is a wealth of data that says otherwise. Add to that the fact that most of our foods do not have the vitamin content in them that they once had due to growing techniques, etc. and I think vitamins are a must, especially if you are under stress or working out with weights.

I just keep with trying to eat or drink stuff from the major food groups...
No need for extra vitamins if you eat right...

Beer , Bacon , Cheese , fish(smoked) , Beef (smoked) , Pork , (smoked-includes sausage) , Poultry (smoked) , Peppers (veggies-smoked,fresh etc.) , Lime or Orange juice (sterilised with Tequila , rum , Bourbon) , eggs (pickled with other vegies and chunks of sausage or coctail franks). :)

You get the idea.

I just keep with trying to eat or drink stuff from the major food groups...
No need for extra vitamins if you eat right...

Beer , Bacon , Cheese , fish(smoked) , Beef (smoked) , Pork , (smoked-includes sausage) , Poultry (smoked) , Peppers (veggies-smoked,fresh etc.) , Lime or Orange juice (sterilised with Tequila , rum , Bourbon) , eggs (pickled with other vegies and chunks of sausage or coctail franks). :)

You get the idea.

Yes, you have high cholesterol and your liver is damaged. :lol:

Back