• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

don't miss your chance!

One of my closest friends today took his own life. I am devastated. Words cannot describe how much this hurts.

This is not a post looking for pity, condolences, or the obligatory "I'm sorry bro."

This post is intended to remind you all to stop taking for granted all the wonderful folks in your lives.

Hug people, kiss people, tell them you love them. Talk to them, and encourage them to talk to you. Spill your guts, and make them spill theirs. Be there for eachother. Because, you never know, one day they may end up on a toilet with a hole in their head.

Don't know what to say and like you said in your post you don't want the im sorry for your loss or sorry bro kind of reply. I have had a few friends make this choice as well i guess you can do nothing other then respect the decision they made.

Having been through the same thing when one of my cousins took his life in '08, and also having my best friend come close at the same time, I agree with everything you said Scratch. Also a note for it, some show subtle signs, and others not so subtle. Keep an eye out. I can't add much more than what Scratch already said- 
Hug people, kiss people, tell them you love them. Talk to them, and encourage them to talk to you. Spill your guts, and make them spill theirs. Be there for eachother. Because, you never know, one day they may end up on a toilet with a hole in their head.

I learned this lesson when my 21 year old niece I was very close to suddenly passed from this life on 3/5/11

I am sorry for your lose and I know you said this is not what your looking for, however just the same I do love this post and can relate completely

we cannot take back the hurtful things we say or do to people especially given the fragility of life

I have had a few regrets its true but if we want forgiveness we must learn first to forgive ourselves first

im with you all the way on this one Scratch I understand

thanks your friend Joe

As per your request, I will only say this: thank you. Thank you sincerely for the reminder, we all need to be reminded of this from time to time, and when that reminder comes from something besides personal experience it is a true gift. So I say again, thank you. 

Happened to me years ago. Not an easy thing to deal with. You can't beat yourself up for not saying anything enough or saying something too much - this was a deeply personal decision on your friend's part.

Obligatory "sorry bro - that sucks". :(

Back