• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dot Com's 2012 Grow Log

Start off w/ my habs that weren't far enough along to produce before Fall set-in so I decided to put them in this 2012 Grow Log

Peach on the left, Chocolate in the middle, and Unknown on the right:

6200717245_ffe4852d02_z.jpg

Thats my "3 way daylight, natural color, 6500 K" fluorescent bulb box in the lower right corner.

last pics for a while. choc bhut & un-id'd & my whole garden w/ two tomato plants w/ wire @ them in the back that a co-worker gave me as seedlings. There was a bee there going from all the flowers but left b4 I returned w/ the camera. :( I wanted to get a pic of the bee going from flower to flower.

More of the straight, pointy-ended peppers plus a pepper "helper plant"- a marigold :) If I had some ground I'd put them in it w/ the marigold in the center ;)
aduTWmcx.jpg

scotch bonnet/red jamaican top and close-up of Dorset Naga bottom:

P.S.: Just had some gray cloud cover roll-in today & the temp went down into the 50's. :confused: I'm going to get one T-5 light next week to bring these babies to fruition.

weather update- sun came back out ystrdy

2nd year, choc bhut poddin'- up :dance: the plant is only 9 inches tall too & it has 15-20 pods :)

Still waiting for my peppers to ripen. I think they're behind schedule because I had to bring them in for the duration of the drought. Here's my oldest plant. Its @ 2yrs. old. Has 50+ pods on it. Look at the stalk:

Hope she survives being over-wintered again.

cloudy today so am using artificial light to help keep ripening occurring. Red Jamaican/Scotch Bonnet on left & bhut on right:

had some rain this afternoon for @ 30 mins. My Choc Bhut or 7-Pot Yellow (lost the pop sickle stick :oops: )

1) dorset naga (I'm pretty sure ripening :P
2) passing rain clouds by my growing balcony
3) different aspect of my yellow 7-Pot
4) indoor thai peppers for cooking. Have it behind the microwave & up against the window.

Free Image Hosting by imgbox.com

good news and bad news. Bad news was that the plant near the window w/ all the green pods on it acquired some kind of tiny bug infestation. I cut it down to the nub, threw out the old dirt, cleaned the roots, re-potted it, soaked it w/ bonide, then placed it outside. Hope that does the trick. Never had an infestation before. Had crown rot but not an infestation.

Good news is my Dorset Naga pod will be ripening in the next day or two so I'll get to eat a Dorset that I grew. :dance: Only pod off of my Dorset plant. I was getting worried that the plant would jettison the pod before it ripened seeing as how late in the season it is up here. (fingers crossed)

dorset naga and what I was almost sure was supposed to be a Datil but Datil's are yellow right?

My roommate says that the pepper that I thought was going to be a Datil looks like a Fresno. That reminded me that I did have a Fresno growing at one point but am Sure that it perished last winter. Here's what the ripe pepper looks like. Looks too straight to be a jalapeno which i also grew last season but let them wither after they produced the pods. I will eat it later. Doesn't look very hot. I'm sure I'll be alright considering I've been eating superhots from Chris for the last 2 weeks ;)

thai plant is dropping flowers like crazy due to the end of the season. She's real podded-up though :P

Wish me luck w/ the solitary pod. :pray: Thats a Dorset Naga & I'm going to eat it today. :shocked: My method is eat it and don't do anything for 10 mins then I consider it a successful challenge. I have a quart of buttermilk for after the 10 min mark although I hate buttermilk and only drink enough to coat my mouth & then spit it out. I'm kind of prepared as I've eaten a few super hawts in my short time here most recently a 1/2 of a douglah and 1/2 of a morouga red. This one is smaller than those so I plan on eating the whole thing.

Enjoy the burn......and the taste................... about the buttermilk ...........hmm.... I hear ya, save thatone for a marinade. Try a piece of bread instead.

just ate the dorset. Ate the lower 1/2 after removing seeds & leaving placenta on the pod. It was pretty darn hot but I thought I could handle some more so I ate most of the remaining upper 1/2. That was the part w/ the most placenta. Let me tell you my tongue has never been hotter. I have eaten bhuts 7-Pots, Douglahs and my tongue had never been zapped that badly. I kinda figured it would be that bad after watching Neil & Leo's vids but words can't describe the concentrated & sharp heat @ the tongue area. That was @ 20 mins ago and now has subsided. Now I'm dealing w/ the stomach. Think I'll have to sip some buttermilk to settle that. Going to do that right now.

***edit- still have that one pod left that isn't fully ripe yet too. (see above pic)

Hey, DC. Sorry I didn't dial into this glog earlier. Busy summer, I guess.
At any rate, good to see you wound up with some pods! Next year will
be even better, bro!

Have a chillin' winter!

Im so impressed with your results in such a small area/pots well done that man.

Mezo.

yeah. I live in a 1-bedroom, 4th floor apt w/ a smallish balcony. Love the balcony BUT, since I'm 5 floors up, the winds can be unforgiving. Similar to your situation but less severe. I put sticks in the dirt next to my plants to keep them upright in case the wind blows.

*** Update on my red jamaican :) (pic is a little dark because hurricane Sandy is going by @ 300 miles to the east) Seems three pods are ripened. Just ate a dorset the other day so I won't be eating one of these until tomorrow at the soonest. Second pic is some leftover pods I was unable to eat (I did eat one of each variety except for the red morouga, douglah, madballs rusty 7-Pot, & viper I only ate @ 1/2 of a pod of each of them)

pic of my dorset before I prune it down for over-wintering. One pod remains in the upper left (It only had two on it this season) After I cut that one off I'll finish pruning & pot-down. The old growth leaves have gone pale and the new growth is dark green:

acmeNQNY.jpg

harvested last dorset naga off of plant and pruned it down for overwintering. Only got two dorset pods off of the plant and this one is a runt (left side of 2nd pic) Right side of 2nd pic is my first ever sucessful red jamaican/scoth bonnet grow :). Last pic is my newly sprouted Douglahs which i plan to grow over the winter. Hope my lighting set-up arrives in the post tommorrow
adnKryre.jpg

abzzeBgG.jpg

acdZJsf7.jpg

Back