• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dot Com's 2012 Grow Log

Start off w/ my habs that weren't far enough along to produce before Fall set-in so I decided to put them in this 2012 Grow Log

Peach on the left, Chocolate in the middle, and Unknown on the right:

6200717245_ffe4852d02_z.jpg

Thats my "3 way daylight, natural color, 6500 K" fluorescent bulb box in the lower right corner.

Good luck with the Douglahs and your new lighting. Those plants will be nice and busy in a couple of months. I'll be following this grow...

Greg

wonder if I cut my dorset down far enough?

Prolly should start a 2013 log. I just sowed-

red morouga
trin scorp yellow
viper
naga morich
devils tongue

going the super hot route this year. :onfire: Of course I will over-winter my two thai plants again as well

Inside, with even a decent cheap flourescent they will go year round, peppers are perrenials, not annuals.Many grow them as annuals, but in their nat. habitat , they rock and roll all year long;)!
The yellow is probably a yellow seven, you won't see the dimples and gnarliness a sun grown plant will produce, nor probably the same heat level.
The tips of the pods are the weakest, and the crown w/placenta as Greg said is the fiery end.The Choc habs are kinda middle of the spectrum heat wise- but they are one the most "useable"-you will find after you build up to eating warmer stuff, that you can eat them alright WITH food-and that is the real point after all.
Glad to see you stickin with the fight-its really cool to see they made it to podding and ripening for you indoors with no lights...+1 for sure.That rocks!

Inside, with even a decent cheap flourescent they will go year round, peppers are perrenials, not annuals.Many grow them as annuals, but in their nat. habitat , they rock and roll all year long;)!
The yellow is probably a yellow seven, you won't see the dimples and gnarliness a sun grown plant will produce, nor probably the same heat level.
The tips of the pods are the weakest, and the crown w/placenta as Greg said is the fiery end.The Choc habs are kinda middle of the spectrum heat wise- but they are one the most "useable"-you will find after you build up to eating warmer stuff, that you can eat them alright WITH food-and that is the real point after all.
Glad to see you stickin with the fight-its really cool to see they made it to podding and ripening for you indoors with no lights...+1 for sure.That rocks!

New Iberia? You live in the pepper growing mecca of the U.S. ;) Anyway, thanks for the info.

Light arrived today. Went to the rental office after work to check on it & it was there. Took me an hour to dismantle my bicycle & move boxes @ to make room for it. Sadly, my image hoster appears to be down. When she's back up, I'll post a pic of my new lighted grow area.

image hoster back up. Heres my lighting system- 54W/6500 lumens. I know its child's play compared to what other growers on THP have but it makes me happy for the upcoming off-season. First time I've ever had more than just a squiggly bulb. L-R: Dorset ready for over-winter, 2 new douglah sprouts in same pot, choc hab (I think), red jamaican/scoth bonnet, and unknown super hawt. Might be red bhut(?)

aczAzDVh.jpg

close-up of R-L Choc hab, Douglah sprouts, recently pruned dorset naga. Douglah's will go into my 2013 Glog (if I can keep them alive [fingers crossed]) I suspect that they will be alright this time given that I have a light now for the off-season BUT, still keeping my fingers crossed. ;)

Free Image Hosting by imgbox.com

5 mins into eating my last dorset naga. It was smaller, about the size of a nickel, but I still put-off eating it for a few days because..... well..... its a dorset :P I wanted to harvest the seeds from the pod in it too. Made sure to eat a couple of small cheese sandwiches immediately before to coat my tummy w/ something to ameliorate the nuke thats going to happen too ;)

Datil is a chinensis. There should be 2 or more flower buds at each flower node.
That Datil looks like an annuum, maybe a jalapeno from the picture?
The "Florida Datil" is surely an annuum of some kind, and looks very much like a jalapeno.
I did not know this. Well, I still hope it is a datil despite the evidence to the contrary. I grew a big pot of jalapenos last season (pics on my GLOG thread)

Anyway, I just ate one of Chris's Naga Vipers for lunch (yes, I saved the seeds). Pretty darn hot but, thankfully not as hot as the Douglah he sent me IMHO (just my n00b opinion [I could be wrong]). That Douglah I ate a few days ago sent me into the stratosphere. :fireball:
here's what some of the harvested chiles look like today. Big & a heat index right @ a jalapeno IMO. The stems are huge too. I'm stymied as to what they are. I have made nachos w/ a couple of them though. What do you think?

Free Image Hosting by imgbox.com

IMO it is likely a cross between "who knows what?" , It may look like this or that, but no one may know for sure what it is. I would just refer to it as an "unknown hybrid" C. annuum. Enjoy it regardless!

Back