• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dot Com's 2012 Grow Log

Start off w/ my habs that weren't far enough along to produce before Fall set-in so I decided to put them in this 2012 Grow Log

Peach on the left, Chocolate in the middle, and Unknown on the right:

6200717245_ffe4852d02_z.jpg

Thats my "3 way daylight, natural color, 6500 K" fluorescent bulb box in the lower right corner.

well, well, well

lookie there :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

now the waiting for the ripening

( it is ok to try any of them green, i would try one of those chocolates but... )

those chocolate habs look really hot, be prepared with milk or yogurt when you try one (even green)

:onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :hell:

i think the mystery may be a jonah relative (7 pot red) as i have one and they also are

lime colored and that look like those when green

where was seed for that from?

maybe I'm overreacting but a couple other of my plants showed signs of withering at the new growth area's like my 7- pot. I noticed a few of the leaves are curling up but not turning yellow from over-watering. I'm making a conscious effort not to over-water since going on vacay last month & coming back to over-watered plants thanks to my overzealous roommate :o. I did appreciate that they didn't die but the over-watering damaged @ 4 plants :( :

6335939854_2fd7319bd0_z.jpg

yo dot dude, please post a picture or three of some of the browned growth tips
like ± the same scale as the yellowed superhot pod in post #44

(macro?)are those from sony DSC-W220?

just beautiful

:eek:

ok. I'll post up some pics of my plants w/ browned new growth. Sadly, both of my choc bhut jolokia are suffereing from this if it isn't just a seasonal occurrence or the result of over-watering when I was gone. The 7-pot might be due to under-watering but these seem to me to be from something else.

choc bhut:

6336310088_36a3985300_z.jpg

peach hab:

6336310112_1a3da3b62d_z.jpg

i see the pics thanks for posting those

that type of thing can really beat the crap out of plants
i really am not good on the cause of it,
and have seen this kill chilis before.
it seems like some chilis will drop all of their leaves after showing this
starting from the top and continuing all the way to the bottom.

i am pretty sure i have seen a small population of chilis that has
fully recovered and has continued afterward. my guess has always been
that the weather changes and motivates them onward.

if you are patient some might recover

but there may be other agents of doom at work with this

i have asked my chili growing farmer friends from mexico about it and they call it "plaga" (means ±plague)
they say: they do not know how to fix this

maybe some others here know what is up with that stuff and can offer strategy for

TREATMENT?

edited to improve appearance

:mouthonfire: :eek:

Thanks for looking into it. I looked at the soil and doesn't look like theres any mold. No bugs to speak of and I haven't used much nutes except for highly diluted MirGro houseplant food. Used it all season w/ no deleterious effects. I even forgot to use it for a couple of weeks. I know the nute isn't chili-specific but, as i said, it had no negative effects when I was using it.

ok,
yo dot dude,
nobody seems to have any ideas (or ain't letting on here) about the creeping brown crud

it may behoove us to try to start a new thread with
a title of browning grow tips question or some such

please if possible get a few pics posted of the crud
i would think if you took an overhead and side view of a couple different examples it may
help them to diagnose wtf this is and how to combat it
:crazy:
(i have seven or eight examples of this same stuff but my camera is a pos)
as i suck as photographerator so am not able/can't get a pic as good as yours are

I have plants that show similar damage as yours. For my case, mites is the culprit. Spray with miticide. Organic way I believe that may work is neem and soap spray.

Mark T

Is there a heat vent close by? I've had similar symptoms show up when putting plants within a meter of a heat vent. I've also had it happen because of some bad fish emulsion (or possible overdose), and I've had it happen, and never figured out the cause!

Thanks for the info. I don't believe there are any heat vent outtake vents nearby. Thanks for the recommendations for miticide, neem, and soap remedy too. I don't see any type of extra growth like an infection. Perhaps it is some kind of blight[sp.] so microscopic that I can't make it out?

Here's an update on my choc habs and mystery pepper.

6349521996_8d69c6a911_z.jpg

I was told that it might be a Jonah but I don't have any of those seeds to my knowledge. Would a 7-pot look like this? I was thinking that there aren't many peppers that are yellow, the short time I've been at THP. I'll get a better pic 2morrow.

6349521960_436f6cb931_z.jpg

about the pequin if u havent resolved that issue yet, I grew a tepin and a pequin from seeds this season and both took close to 40 days to germinate, but very well worth the effort, both very prolific and extremely tasty! :dance: :woohoo:
I remember you posting this and after @ 3 weeks I now have 3 hooks :lol: :woohoo: :

6350879444_106cf42979_z.jpg

alright dot dude it looks like the yellow one is very likely a
yellow seven pot, their shape is very "seven pottish" especially
the brainy looking one not quite ripe yet

hope someone will comment further on the creeping brown crud
like i see on the plant in the lower background of the recent choco habs photo
notice how the little grow tips in the 'armpits' are also browning and browned

alright dot dude it looks like the yellow one is very likely a
yellow seven pot, their shape is very "seven pottish" especially
the brainy looking one not quite ripe yet

hope someone will comment further on the creeping brown crud
like i see on the plant in the lower background of the recent choco habs photo
notice how the little grow tips in the 'armpits' are also browning and browned
That one was watered to death by my roommate. It was a Fresno. I was thinking of keeping it over the winter but now I think I'll prolly toss it and start another because I have a few more seeds to plant plus my Piquins that just sprouted. The Fresno never grew straight anyway. I still liked it though because I put so much care into its growth/it took forever to grow. I would like to eventually grow the one you mentioned, the Jonah.

please try one of chocolate lovelies and
tell us what you think

i have some and they are pretty mean

( fyi the yellow sevens are noticeably hotter still )

good growing

Back