• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dot Com's 2012 Grow Log

Start off w/ my habs that weren't far enough along to produce before Fall set-in so I decided to put them in this 2012 Grow Log

Peach on the left, Chocolate in the middle, and Unknown on the right:

6200717245_ffe4852d02_z.jpg

Thats my "3 way daylight, natural color, 6500 K" fluorescent bulb box in the lower right corner.

congrats on your successes there dot dude

the warm feeling one gets from seeing fruits of labors
is better than wetting your pants by a whole lot

when are you going to start the 'second generation' of those peróns?

(please start some more and report back)

i think "no time like the present" should be applied to the viability check of the orange ones

congrats on your successes there dot dude

the warm feeling one gets from seeing fruits of labors
is better than wetting your pants by a whole lot

when are you going to start the 'second generation' of those peróns?

(please start some more and report back)

i think "no time like the present" should be applied to the viability check of the orange ones

I pruned the Orange back and its already got 2-3 new growth nodes. Do you mean start a new plant from the seeds?

Piquins are the only ones that don't seem to be doing too well. Seems like they are just barely surviving. Maybe they only thrive outdoors??? (I've never grown them before) Also, they're not in a grow tent so they aren't getting any humidity. Well, I re-potted them w/ less mulchy dirt & we'll see what happens. I might have to re-start when the official season commences w/ these.

yes start new PLANTS from seeds

the satisfaction from growing gets
a big shot up when
it is from growing seeds from others YOU have grown
it is kind of like grandchildren

My Piquins are barely surviving. Just trying to nurse them along til spring. Using a combo of sunlight & CFL but I think they're wise to it :(

On a side note, just taste-tested 1/2 a bhut jolokia indian carbon (S_S Strain) :fireball: Cut length-wise so I got all the placenta for maximun effect. Very hot but only for @ 5 mins then the usual strong aftertaste, burning in stomach, and endorphin rush :high: Hottest pepper I've tried to date. Took me 3 weeks of getting up my courage to do it today.

6500578079_34810eeb5f_z.jpg

I love that picture. The color is amazing. I can't wait to try one of my own. :D

I'm eagerly waiting for more pics and I hope your Piquins pull thru.
Thanks keep us updated w/ a pic or three of yours.
Keep the faith with the piquins DC they'll come through for you. Congrats on overcoming a very sensible fear and munching the BJ Indian Carbon.
I hope they pull through. Took @ 3 weeks to germinate.

One Piquin trying to weather-through winter. Heres how it looks now, has a couple of new growth/buds (one at the top & the other a short way down to the left):

My Morich has a couple discolored leaves. Looks like brownish/black dots on a couple of leaves on one seedling. Should I be concerned?:​

yo dot dude,
the piquin looks like may have the same brown crud
as your other plant had back in aug or sept. ???

looks to me like some viral/fungal on the piquin and some other variety on the naga

have you tried any spray to combat the no see ums?

maybe the plant surfaces have to be sprayed with a viral fungal bacterial combat regimen
maybe you can talk to red head wth the garden area(s) at mason?

would try the powder spray stuff at 8.99 a pound
i think it says it is pyrethrins, sulphur and copper

Bonide Garden Dust Ready To Use - 1 lb.
Insecticide &Fungicide Dust

http://merrifieldgardencenter.com/Products/Control-Products/Disease-Control/Bonide-Garden-Dust-Insecticide---Fungicide-RTU---1.aspx

talk to the dude at the garden center and buy a quart spray bottle from home depot for about a dollar
mix the stuff and go for it

the sulphur and pyr. combo is used by many to try to cure this stuff
and buying the pound of powder is probably better economically for us

be careful not to use the systemic types of stuff they are generally for stuff you will not eat

good growing

would try the powder spray stuff at 8.99 a pound
i think it says it is pyrethrins, sulphur and copper

Bonide Garden Dust Ready To Use - 1 lb.
Insecticide &Fungicide Dust

http://merrifieldgar...de-RTU---1.aspx

talk to the dude at the garden center and buy a quart spray bottle from home depot for about a dollar
mix the stuff and go for it

the sulphur and pyr. combo is used by many to try to cure this stuff
and buying the pound of powder is probably better economically for us

be careful not to use the systemic types of stuff they are generally for stuff you will not eat

good growing
Thanks my friend. That looks like it'd be more appropriate for my situation &, as you said, not break the bank :)

Just got back from the garden center. Got it plus a spray bottle & 2 extra smallish pots. I can never have too many pots especially w/ Spring approaching. :)

please try to take advantage of the redhead at mason and report back

hope the stuff will get the chilis growing lots of pods

please try to take advantage of the redhead at mason and report back

hope the stuff will get the chilis growing lots of pods

Sadly, I'm alumnus now & don't have a reason to go over to the university much. When i do, I'll look up the gardening department & see if she's there. ;) I plan on applying to Grad school in a year or two & GMU is near the top of my list not only because its got a good reputation but because its prolly the least expensive for me too.

i thought the article from there said she was a grad and trying to get a nice diverse planting there
i think tom jefferson grew peppers, maybe mason did too?

edited for typo

i thought the article from there said she was a grad and trying to get a nice diverse planting there
i think tom jefferson grew peppers, maybe mason did too?

edited for typo
They were Planters and sadly we've mechanized the industry.

Grad student? Hmmm... I am a farmer too & did read a book on botany last fall so's I'd have something to chitchat over ;)

On a side note, here's my over-winters: 1) Rocoto, 2) Jalapenos (prolly should pinch those pods?) 3) Unknown Thai, 4) 7-Pot

Back