• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dot Com's 2012 Grow Log

Start off w/ my habs that weren't far enough along to produce before Fall set-in so I decided to put them in this 2012 Grow Log

Peach on the left, Chocolate in the middle, and Unknown on the right:

6200717245_ffe4852d02_z.jpg

Thats my "3 way daylight, natural color, 6500 K" fluorescent bulb box in the lower right corner.

I just realized today that I neither float-tested nor scored the Piquin seeds. I'll still wait it out some more :)

I've never grown Piquin's so no help there. I do know that float testing isn't as telling as most folks think as far as the seed being good or bad. More like an "old pepper growers tale." Patience is the key. Good luck.

Here's an update. I figured I'd better do it now because I'll be out of town, going to New England, for @ 5 days. I have someone who has offered, thankfully, to watch my plants while I'm gone whom is responsible.

Firstly, I potted up my 7-Pots into a giant, for me anyways, container. Now they'll have room and more :) The pot's 13" across X 12" deep :)

6237447147_da669b0550_z.jpg

Fresno is coming along. Looks like the stem doubles in width at different nodes. This is the plant that was growing sideways so I propped it up w/ a stick. Thats why all the leaves are facing the same direction. Pretty unusual huh? Its got quite a number of small buds and a couple of flowers just starting to come out

6237447037_04842ba974_z.jpg

Choc Bhut Jolokia slowly coming along. This is the one that I pruned it 6-7 nodes up to facilitate lateral growth. Seems to be working well enough

6237970162_6581a1b4d5_z.jpg

Rocoto looks like it isn't dropping the pods this time it flowered. :rofl: (2nd time to flower) I was beginning to wonder if I had the know-how to get any pods off of this plant.

6237970206_36dc42b3f7_z.jpg

Lastly, my two windowsill plants in my room. This first one is a choc hab. One of the most, seemingly, healthy- looking plants I've ever grown. I say that because I know next to nothing about nutes but the potting soil that I've gotten in my 1st two seasons has been the kind that comes w/ nutes in it already. I can afford that at the moment because I'm just a recreational grower so I don't use a whole lotta' dirt:

6237447267_13826d404d_z.jpg

Here's the "unkown" pepper plant that looks very similar to the hab but the peppers are growing straight up. I'll prolly eventually figure out what it is.

6237970488_8cbe71dab5_z.jpg

Looks like things are doing wonderful for ya, great growing!

Oh no....you see the flowers stuck on the pods in the last photo? That drives me bonkers, I have to remove everyone I find on my own plants. That photo is going to haunt me. :scared:

Looks like things are doing wonderful for ya, great growing!

Oh no....you see the flowers stuck on the pods in the last photo? That drives me bonkers, I have to remove everyone I find on my own plants. That photo is going to haunt me. :scared:
:D I like leaving them au natural ;)

good job dot dude, :woohoo:

"I was beginning to wonder if I had the know-how to get any pods off of this plant."
:crazy:

you watch those things swell up now and get ready
did you pollinate that pube by hand?

whatever you done , try it again

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I also have to pull the dead flowers off. I even pull them off when you can't see any pod yet!

I used to be like that with seeds that came up with helmets stuck on. But now I say "if you can't get your self out, then I don't want your kind in my garden." :rofl:

good job dot dude, :woohoo:

"I was beginning to wonder if I had the know-how to get any pods off of this plant."
:crazy:

you watch those things swell up now and get ready
did you pollinate that pube by hand?

whatever you done , try it again

:dance: :dance: :dance:
I've recently been swirling a Q-tip gently in the flowers but I think these pods came out before that. Theres @ 5-7 of the pods coming out so far. Are these the peppers that get as big @ as a smallish tomato?

I also have to pull the dead flowers off. I even pull them off when you can't see any pod yet!

I used to be like that with seeds that came up with helmets stuck on. But now I say "if you can't get your self out, then I don't want your kind in my garden." :rofl:
I used your advice about getting seed caps removed and it worked great/saved me a seedling or two. For the rest however, I let Mother Nature run the show as it were :) She always prevails in the end, regardless, anyway ;)

about the pequin if u havent resolved that issue yet, I grew a tepin and a pequin from seeds this season and both took close to 40 days to germinate, but very well worth the effort, both very prolific and extremely tasty! :dance: :woohoo:

i am still growing it's mommy
I'm really looking forward to the Rocoto's ripening so I can try one. They seem to really be budding-up now theres @ 10 on the plant w/ more flowers developing. :beer:

about the pequin if u havent resolved that issue yet, I grew a tepin and a pequin from seeds this season and both took close to 40 days to germinate, but very well worth the effort, both very prolific and extremely tasty! :dance: :woohoo:
Good to know. I would really like to be able to grow one of those because the heat level is just about exactly what I like to use in my food (@ 2X as hot as a jalapeno).

Update 10/23. My 7-pots are really liking the bigger pot :)

6273116046_a924273f33_z.jpg

Choc Habs coming right along:

6273115918_36e094fe92_z.jpg

Dorset Naga left and Dlouglah (one of my youngest plants) on the right. Both seem to be doing great :dance:

6272589057_2fcdae61ee_z.jpg

Lastly, my unkown pepper which seems to be hotter than a Hab judging by the dimpling. I can't seem to get a better close- up, pic of it at present:

6273116114_3ebde845a0_z.jpg

10/29 update:

First the Naga Dorset :)

6291939490_5ccb8ba016_z.jpg

then the 7-Pot twins. Got some flower buds coming out ;)

6291420333_90f105b30f_z.jpg

Lastly, the Douglah :mouthonfire: :

6291939408_0da0a86527_z.jpg

Here's the unknown pepper that I couldn't remember what it is. Its a lime color & quite dimpled, compared to say a hab, leading me to believe its a variety of super hot? :hell: :

6291420399_ebe6cc9fa6_z.jpg

My choc habs. Sprouted the same time as my mystery pepper:

6291939296_73f21d7ff3_z.jpg

edit: I didn't realize that I had already posted this pic. Hab hasn't changed much

Back