• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Double parking incident did he get what he deserved? A survey.

How did I handle the situation???

• Ignore the incident and went on my way?

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Report the kids that left the scratch on the car?

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Give the kids a thumbs up as they passed and enjoyed the moment?

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Reported the kids to the police and gave them the license plate of the kids truck?

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
Wow this poll is becoming more interesting then I thought after reviewing the results. I did put 2 options for report the kids by mistake.

So far 7 say report the kids to the cops
7 say ignore the event and went on my way
8 say give the kids a thumbs up because the guy got what he deserved.

I'm curious to see who voted for what. Seems the older guys say report the kids where the younger guys say he got what he deserves. I wonder if the guys in the mid 30's like myself voted for ignore it and move on. That or the votes my be different by the part of the country you live in. Maybe it's the guys from Cali or big cities that say thumbs up and the guys from smaller towns say report him???

I'll post my reponse and what I did after the weekend is over.

I voted for the ignore and head on down the road. Judge it how you will, but it's what most folks would do where I live, that's just the way it is here.

I voted for reporting the kids and getting the license plate of the truck. Yeah, the world is full of a-holes and by scratching the car the kids joined their ranks.

I live by a couple of rules with the first and main one the golden one. Treat people the way I want them to treat me.

I guess this makes me one of the old guys.

I voted for report to cops because in that scenario it was a parking structure, and there was time to get a good look at 'em. If they do that sorta stuff now, what else are they gonna try later?

More likely...I'd leave a note with the description and plate on the car. Let them decide what to do. (I don't much like contacting the cops myself)

I'm over 40 and live in a pretty average city of 250K up in WA state. But, we do have idiots, metheads, tweakers, wannbe-bangers, mexican mafia types, etc, too. But, that's not the norm here.

I think it does depend where ya live.

boutros said:
I voted for the ignore and head on down the road. Judge it how you will, but it's what most folks would do where I live, that's just the way it is here.

That's exactly how I voted. Mainly because we had dinner reservations at a nice restaurant that we waited a few weeks to get and didn't want to be late. I don't agree with the kids, but I can kinda get where they are coming from at the same time. It's one of those situations where your torn between 2 decisions. Growing up in the bad part of LA you learn quickly to mind your business and don't rely on cops for anything.

As I write this the poll results are identical for all 3 options at 8 each including my vote.

Something I want to do to someone who does this someday is buy a couple of junkers from the wreckers, scratch the VINs off, and then box the dude in and leave the cars. That way the jerk needs to pay to have the junkers towed out of the way so he can get his car out. No damage to the car.

Just the vindictive side of me. :hell:

One of my buddies used to plow parking lots and someone left their car parked in front of one of the entrances, so he plowed ALL the snow into a big pile on the car. You could hardly see it by the time he was done.

I usually park in the way back in one spot because some people just dont care about their car doors or whatever. The people in the back row tend to respect the distance -- My wife hates where I park but thats part the fun too.. I would have moved along and got the plate if they went past me just in case I saw the owner on my way by... Dont gargages have cameras anyways? I wish there was a motorcyle area nothing gets ya like thinkin' there is a spot available and there is a bike in it....

You never want to see me park, it's like docking the Queen Mary. I go for spaces that have at least one empty gap next to them, obviously I park in just the one, I'm just a shit parker. I'd rather park half a mile away from where I want to go then squeeze in a little gap and write off the cars either sides.

I have left notes before. A note saying "nice parking job" may cause them to think twice in the future and does no damage.

cheezydemon said:
I have left notes before. A note saying "nice parking job" may cause them to think twice in the future and does no damage.

I did that this last winter when some a-hole parked over 2 spots. The note read

"You park like an asshole. Thanks for taking up two spots."

imaguitargod said:
I did that this last winter when some a-hole parked over 2 spots. The note read

"You park like an asshole. Thanks for taking up two spots."

Good Man!

As long as there is no direct confrontation, and no damage to property, there is a chance they may learn something.

RyboFlav said:
Something I want to do to someone who does this someday is buy a couple of junkers from the wreckers, scratch the VINs off, and then box the dude in and leave the cars. That way the jerk needs to pay to have the junkers towed out of the way so he can get his car out. No damage to the car.

Just the vindictive side of me. :hell:

One of my buddies used to plow parking lots and someone left their car parked in front of one of the entrances, so he plowed ALL the snow into a big pile on the car. You could hardly see it by the time he was done.

I like your ideas! No harm to the car, but the owner will still learn a good lesson. A win win!! Wow it would have been nice to see a picture of that person trying to dig his/her way out of the sun!!!

cheezydemon said:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to carry "mickey mouse parking tickets" to leave on cars when they parked to close to me!! LOL

Although I agree that the guy who parked taking up 2 spots is an A$$hole (cuz that would mean I would have to look harder for a spot to park) and is inconsiderate of others, I don't agree with messing up someones personal property. who ever owns the car probably worked hard to get and takes pride in it and parked that way because there are too many other people out there that have no frigggin respect for other peoples things, that they would open a car door and bang the side of someone elses car. or run a shopping cart down the side of the car or something else.....If it bugs someone that bad leave a note or something but don't screw up someone elses things!!!!!!! Hell by scratching it with a screwdriver they probably did a good amount of damage to it.

patrick said:
I live by a couple of rules with the first and main one the golden one. Treat people the way I want them to treat me.

I guess this makes me one of the old guys.

I live by that same rule, but when A-holes go out of their way to be a-holes, well I'll look the other way & if they get what they deserve well so be it, granted I wouldnt damage the vehicle but I'd laugh.

LUCKYDOG said:
I usually park in the way back in one spot because some people just dont care about their car doors or whatever. The people in the back row tend to respect the distance

bingo! if someone is so worried then park eleswhere (reason why some people park elsewhere or farther away), plain
& simple! but dont think that everyone that parks with the rest doesnt care about how they open their doors - which is far from the truth!

LGHT said:
I'm curious to see who voted for what. Seems the older guys say report the kids where the younger guys say he got what he deserves. I wonder if the guys in the mid 30's like myself voted for ignore it and move on. That or the votes my be different by the part of the country you live in. Maybe it's the guys from Cali or big cities that say thumbs up and the guys from smaller towns say report him???

mid 30's - well it seems like over half say the fool got what they deserved for being an inconsiderate A-hole.
I live in the country but travel into the city & I find these fools so inconsiderate of others.

Dyce51 said:
who ever owns the car probably worked hard to get and takes pride in it and parked that way because there are too many other people out there that have no frigggin respect for other peoples things, that they would open a car door and bang the side of someone elses car. or run a shopping cart down the side of the car or something else.

you're jumping to conclusions that people dont respect others property, many people go out of their way not to hit the other vehicle, yet a person that parks this way went out of their way to be an inconsiderate A-hole with no respect of others for how they parked. kinda like a fool that parks in the handicap spot yet they're not handicap.

I like that Iggy as it is true! (parking like an a$$hole)

I voted for the thumbs up but after reading your comments i kinda changed my mind, kinda.

Reminds me when i was young and stupid (as opposed to just stupid now). Me and a mate picked up a small ute and turned it diagonaly in it's spot, i would have hated to be that utes driver.

Back