• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Douglah Hot Sauce

Ingredients:
1 Apple
2 Douglah Peppers
2 Carrots
1/2 a white onion
Juice of 1 Lime and Lemon
Small Head of garlic
Whipped Honey
Apple Cider Vinegar
Table Salt
oil

Saute chopped carrots in oil until they start to soften then add chopped onion and cook till soft. Add apple and garlic saute till they start to soften add chopped peppers and saute for 3 mins. Add the lemon and lime juice and vinegar then cook for 2 mins. Add honey and turn off the heat. Puree till smooth and cool down in fridge. Then enjoy! FYI these peppers are mega hot and came thru the plastic glove i had on.

P7140124.jpg

P7140125.jpg

P7140126.jpg

P7140127.jpg

P7140128.jpg

P7140129.jpg

P7140130.jpg

P7140131.jpg

P7140132.jpg

This is where i had to call in the big gunz!

P7140134.jpg

Browsing through the Hot Sauce section on THP always gives me pepper envy....as it's my first season and Spring can't hurry up enough so that i can look forward to getting some pods and making my own...lol

This looks great Jedi!

Oh, and any particular measurements on the [background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Whipped Honey / [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Apple Cider Vinegar / [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Table Salt / O[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]il??? Or did you just add until it 'looked about right'?[/background]

Neil

Sauce looks and sounds very nice. I would advise one caution though, be careful with using oil with your sauces. Oil can be a big contributor to something going rancid. I saw that you just sauted the veggies in it which could also have been done with some of the ACV and honey or maybe in a bit of apple juice or other. Using these also contributes to the flavor profile where the oil adds nothing. JMHO but also want promote safety in sauce making.

Cheers,
RM

Back