• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Douglah seeds?!? Perfect Addition....

I am on the hunt for these seeds.... My garden is:
Bhut Jalokia
Naga Morich
Red Savina
Orange Habeneros
White Lightning Habs
Chocolate Habs
Chocolate Bhut Jalokia
Fatali
Jalapa
De Arbol Chili
Paper Lantern Habs
Peter Peps
Pretty Purple Peps
Devils Tongue
Marble Peps
Trinidad Scorpion
Scoth Bonnett Hab

In search on the Douglah. Any help? I think it would be the perfect addition...

Yes it would be the perfect addition however i am led to believe that Douglah seeds are about as rare as hens teeth or rocking horse crap.

Good luck with your mission!

Novacastrian said:
Yes it would be the perfect addition however i am led to believe that Douglah seeds are about as rare as hens teeth or rocking horse crap.

Good luck with your mission!
Yea, tell me about it! But to let you know..when I find some (and eventually I will) everyone here will know where to get em'.

If you cannot find any for this season I can give you some this fall. There is a bit of a list forming though.

Josh said:
If you cannot find any for this season I can give you some this fall. There is a bit of a list forming though.

Sweet! Thanks! I will let you know if I find some in the meantime...doubt full though!

Last season I had to split the stock to little tiny bits so everyone who asked me would get their share... this time I've got two plants (last season I had just one), so hopefully everyone will get a fine little packet.

Omri said:
Last season I had to split the stock to little tiny bits so everyone who asked me would get their share... this time I've got two plants (last season I had just one), so hopefully everyone will get a fine little packet.

I have two plants going myself. If I recall correctly some people mentioned the Douglah pods seemed to have fewer seeds than the average chili. Was this your experience?

patrick said:
Could I get on someones list for these seeds too? I should have plenty of seeds to trade.

As long as I have enough you are more than welcome. I guess when I get pods I will throw up a post so everyone can remind me.

Josh said:
I have two plants going myself. If I recall correctly some people mentioned the Douglah pods seemed to have fewer seeds than the average chili. Was this your experience?
They're unstable. some with few seeds, some with a lot and some without any seeds at all. the plant itself is very fruitful, so that's just fine.

What's the difference between the Douglah and the chocolate bhut? Aren't they pretty much the same or were they crossed with a different "chocolate"?

I haven't grown the Chocolate Bhut Jolokia yet, but the Douglah isn't like any Jolokia type. it's like asking what's the difference between the regular Bhut and Jonah.

Potawie the Trinidad Douglah is aka the Brown 7 Pod, not a Bhut. I think ButchT answered this question for me once and Jonah is the name of a grower who first smuggled the 7 Pod from Trinidad. I think he's from Florida. Could just be speak out my Bhut if you know what I saying.

Back