Douglahs

bentalphanerd said:
Just the one plant AJ - as only got 1 seed all that time ago. Plant has been almost dead 3 times so really looking forward to this.

Just got the boy to bed - having a preliminary beer then drag the cutting board out
Well now take some seeds out and plant like a hundred more. :lol:

AlabamaJack said:
would love to see pics of the inside Bent...

Will do.

Omri said:
Well now take some seeds out and plant like a hundred more. :lol:

They strive me as a plant that has few seeds, but will see what I can do. First seeds, as promised, are going to sponsor who sent me the original. They're also getting last seeds of the season. the plant has changed a fair bit over its life trying to adapt so next generation should be easier to grow.

tony05 said:
Dont forget us Bent. I would love to grow them next year!

Did your mate like the beers?

cheers

He was gob-smacked Tony - we didn't hook in on the night because...well wasted on expensive wine. but i passed on instructions re storage & drinking temp. Will hear about it when he opens for sure.

The plant is powering now - maybe a dozen full size green pods and many more still growing. Just survived latest heatwave with minimal input from me (few showers about tonight but still 94% humidity & 28 C) Flowers are stable now....all good :)

pict0463cropys2.jpg

On poking the gooey stuff is hard placenta.

I carved off a bit the size of a matchhead, on a bicky with bit of feta. OMFG. sweating, gnawing at my throat. Need another :lol:

Flavour is excellent - has the best parts of Habanero/7-pot fruitiness combined with that little bitter harshness from Naga Morich. The heat is right up there.

that thing is full of placenta...is it like a 7 as far as taste and heat goes?

posts crossed in cyberspace

No seeds AT ALL? WTF?!
That's just the first underdeveloped pod, don't give up yet. I'm hoping (for you) that the next one will be loaded with seeds.

Omri said:
No seeds AT ALL? WTF?!
That's just the first underdeveloped pod, don't give up yet. I'm hoping (for you) that the next one will be loaded with seeds.

yup it was the smallest pod & first to ripen. Next ones are bigger & gnarlier.

I'm so enjoying the flavour...I have a new fave chilli

bentalphanerd said:
yup it was the smallest pod & first to ripen. Next ones are bigger & gnarlier.

I'm so enjoying the flavour...I have a new fave chilli
Aww... that's nice. congratulations. :)
I'll tell you what, even if you don't get any seeds at all, I'll post ya some seeds.

Yeah I just deseeded a bag full of Bih Jolokias and my hands are on fire. at one point I got that little itch in the eye, so naturally I scratched... I'm sweating (and crying, and twitching lol) as well.

Yeah I dont get that problem I think its because I always hold pods from the outside skin & am fairly nimble with a knife.

I can smell the douglah across the room though so being very careful

It's simiply amazing to me the superhots put so much aroma in the air...I love the smell but that same smell will hurt you if you are not careful...no more sticking my nose down and sniffing fresh cut pods for me...

There's a Jolokia smell all over my house. I like it. it's a bit too much, but I still like it! gonna try and smoke some dry Jalapeños later. I know it's the other way around usually, but I'm giving it a shot.

The first few tobago seasonings from trinni i grew had zero seeds like that

The latest are loaded with them

FIngers crossed its the same. Oposite end ofthe heat scale but fingers crossed all the same.

PS.......... bent i gave those dried billyboy nagas to a mate and he tried a chiunk tonight...... then rubbed his eye :)

HE used lots of naughty words on line chat :)

cheers

Back