• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Downriver - 2021

Well, I hear tell it's (past) time to start a Glog, so why not give it a try. I've been on here for years and always enjoyed reading them. So, I thought it might be fun to write one for a change...or not? lol

Anyway, for this year's grow, I came up with a few themes. First, I'm participating in a couple of the THP grows, namely the Growdown Throwdown and the P. Dreadie SB grow. I'm doing a Bhut grow and a Jalapeno grow. I've already had some successful seed pops. Left half - Chinense, right half everything else (three weeks later). Needing some potting up.

IMG_20210318_163553148~2.jpg

Also, I'm attempting to do an “old seed” re-stock. I'm going back to the original seed I received many years ago from folks and try to isolate and produce new seed stock. They have to germinate first of course, lol.

IMG_20210228_165614052 r.jpg

Then, there's starting tomatoes April 01, but I need to finish up the pepper starts first. More on toms later.

So, here's the players this season (hopefully):

Chinense
Chinense.JPG

Picked a few Purple Thunder Mystery pods. Hoping I can get another handful or two before the freeze. It's forecast for Tuesday night - 11/02.

PT Mystery IMG_20211013_121227789~2.jpg PT Mystery IMG_20211013_121309370.jpg
Nice. Those are right on. Those come from one of the
varieties of Purple Thunder I was unable to isolate seeds
for. Looks like they came out true to form, though.
Would you mind posting your results to the Purple
Thunder Community thread as well . They look great.

Good luck beating the frost devil. Our nights seem warmer
than normal by a few degrees this season here, so plants
still alive keep chugging along. I'm sure some freezing is in
our near future as well.

Last edited:
The last BIG PICK of 2021. Freeze predicted for the next five nights. I'm not complaining though. With the year I've had, I'm thrilled to be picking ANY pods lol.

Now, on to focus on the processing – oh boy!

IMG_20211031_152002753.jpg

These are what I thought might be a bhut yellow X paper lantern cross. Might not be the case. Only about 10 pods resemble a plh. It's all good. They still have a nice kick.
IMG_20211106_141907014~2.jpg

A fine haul there D and doesn't matter about the cross they look great and are Hot..job done.🙂👍

Thanks Talas. I sauced those, and yes, it's HOT lol.:fire:

That's an awesome pull of yellow heat in anyone's book, @Downriver.
Hang a pic of those yellow pods on the wall to gaze at on a winter's day!

That's an awesome pull of yellow heat in anyone's book, @Downriver.
Hang a pic of those yellow pods on the wall to gaze at on a winter's day!

Thanks Paul. With such a late start, I was happy to pick ANY pods lol. And that pile was all from one plant!

...a couple more group-harvest shots

clockwise from bottom-left:
P. Dreadie Scotch Bonnet - G3
P. Dreadie Scotch Bonnet - G2
Bhut Yellow
Nagabon

2021 IMG_20211012_161227788.jpg

Top Left - Aji Chombo
Bottom Left - Aji Criollo
Center - Devil's Tongue White
Top Right - Sugar Rush Peach
Bottom Right - Bhut Orange

2021 IMG_20211114_124840492.jpg

Believe it or not, I'm still processing pods. I just ran into this one and need you folks' help.

I received seeds for these pods in a group swap last year, labeled 'Pink Habanero'. I looked up 'Pink Habanero' and found this description:

"Large, elongated fruits up to several inches long that ripen to an orange-pink color. The fruits lack spice and have a wonderful fruity flavor and aroma. Plants bear heavily."

They sounded good, so I decided to grow them. Here's what I got.

IMG_20211116_161022192.jpg IMG_20211116_161112601.jpg Pink Hab NOT IMG_20211119_141424898.jpg

Well, they're not several inches long and not orange-pink in color. But they ARE very light in color, almost white.

So, as I'm cleaning them and thinking about what to do with them, I cut off a small piece from the crown and popped it in my mouth to check out that "fruity" flavor.

MISTAKE! :flamethrower:

Now I'm not a fire-eater or anything - I'm comfortable up to about a Ghost level. This thing blew my F'n head off! Intense heat - concentrated in the mouth, not down the throat or in the stomach. Watery eyes, salivary glands went nuts, molten lava on the tongue. Lasted a good 15 minutes. Ouch. No more processing that day lol.

Anyway, my question is does anybody recognize this beast? Any and all guesses welcome.

P.S. Yes, I saved seeds. :D

Believe it or not, I'm still processing pods. I just ran into this one and need you folks' help.

I received seeds for these pods in a group swap last year, labeled 'Pink Habanero'. I looked up 'Pink Habanero' and found this description:

"Large, elongated fruits up to several inches long that ripen to an orange-pink color. The fruits lack spice and have a wonderful fruity flavor and aroma. Plants bear heavily."

They sounded good, so I decided to grow them. Here's what I got.

IMG_20211116_161022192.jpg IMG_20211116_161112601.jpg Pink Hab NOT IMG_20211119_141424898.jpg

Well, they're not several inches long and not orange-pink in color. But they ARE very light in color, almost white.

So, as I'm cleaning them and thinking about what to do with them, I cut off a small piece from the crown and popped it in my mouth to check out that "fruity" flavor.

MISTAKE! :flamethrower:

Now I'm not a fire-eater or anything - I'm comfortable up to about a Ghost level. This thing blew my F'n head off! Intense heat - concentrated in the mouth, not down the throat or in the stomach. Watery eyes, salivary glands went nuts, molten lava on the tongue. Lasted a good 15 minutes. Ouch. No more processing that day lol.

Anyway, my question is does anybody recognize this beast? Any and all guesses welcome.

P.S. Yes, I saved seeds. :D
It looks a little like some of the images of a 7 pot white, which would explain the heat. I don't think a hab would burn you that much. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=7+pot+white&t=brave&iax=images&ia=images

Well, I finally finished the last "cooked" sauce for the year.

PLH Sauce IMG_20211210_111925973.jpg PLH Sauce IMG_20211210_152520636.jpg PLH Sauce IMG_20211216_192135923.jpg PLH Sauce IMG_20211221_161745372.jpg

I'll process the Ferments shown above later, as time permits. So, I think I'll close this GLOG out. I'll probably be starting next year's before too long lol, Lord willing.

Thanks for following along.

Peace, Happiness and Good Health to all.

Back