• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Dr. Havanger's 2008 Grow Journal

59 days old continued

Plabnts lower left

Plants lower right

Two plant pot close up

Some leaf curling, going to spray all plants with epsom salt and see how it goes

59 days old continued

Close up of a glossy, green plant, weird.

Signs of over watering and leaf curling. I guess 2, 1 minute feedings are too much. I've now changed the watering to 1, 1 minute watering a week. With luck it'll stress out the plants a bit and produce hotter petters...

Close up of the upper most right pepper plants. I think the top one has some nute burn, the middle one has some leaf curl and the bottom one looks ok

A small plant

66 days old

I'm trying to decide if I want to pot my plants into a bigger pot or not. I know for my two plant pot i will have to, but then i don't want an odd ball, want a uniform pot size...ugh

Really liking how some of my plants are starting to get bushy

This plant doesn't look like it's going to branch out so I decided I would top it and see what happens

73 days old

Plants are doing pretty good. Didn't run the sched water feeding on Sunday. Going to stress them a bit before I re-pot them, still haven't gotten the new pots, have to get on that.

78 days old

I watered my plants yesterday, though I think I could have gone a full 2 weeks with out water. I checked my plants this morning and found a nice little surprise.

I think I'm going to let my plants flower and produce peppers and then pot to bigger pots with peppers on the plants. I'll use the re-potting to create stress on the plants to hopefully get some hotter than normal peppers.

Have a few questions

1) Do Habaneros grow straight up, or do they branch out eventually, and if they don't branch out, do they take to topping good?

2) How can I cover or otherwise prevent unwanted pollen from other pepper plants pollinating some of my flowers?

Most of my Habaneros have branched out, the only one I've had to pinch out is the Hab little finger as I was warned that I'd end up with a 5ft stalk otherwise.

87 days old continued

If you noticed closely I'm down one plant. Reason for that is that I gave it to my mum for mum's day. Here is a picture of the plant

I also have this serrano (I think it's a serrano) that has 3 stalks, which I've topped all 3 of them

Back