• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Dragon Cayenne

Vicious Vex said:
If you go up to lowes/home depot and it looks like no one is buying the hot pepper plants. Offer them 1 dollar. I picked up a producing, mature hab plant for 1.00, and it was labeled 13
Who did you talk to to score that deal?

ChileHeadCliff said:
Who did you talk to to score that deal?

I just went up to someone and offered them a price.  They said they would have to speak to the manager.  I said "Ok" and waited.  Some guy with a collared shit came up and said he would take the deal.

Anybody think that there is a heat difference between green and red Dragon Cayenne's?

Geonerd said:

Wish I could.  The plant has largely refused to grow this year, and is still hanging onto 2014's old gnarly leaves.  I may have damaged the roots when transplanting from the tired Wallybag to a ~5g pot.  It's still cranking pods, but they are small, runty things. 

Here's what is looked like last year.
Prolific!.jpg

IMG_0930s.JPG

I take it you like the powder I sent.  Hopefully at least one of your Bonnie plants will grow true.  ;)
Are you fertilizing your plant? If you are not, I recommend that you begin applying an organic water soluble fertilizer about once a week. Just ask someone at your garden center to help you find one if you aren't sure how to. But you are in Phoenix, AZ right? So you probably won't want to feed it until the heat begins to break. Probably mid to late September. Hope this helps!

Back