• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Dragon Flys....got a pic? 07-23-09

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
I found this guy on my Cayennes this afternoon and he decided to pose for me....4 shots getting closer each time...

if you got some shots of dragon flys, you can post them here if you want...if you don't have any shots of dragon flys, what're ya waitin' for?

072309001.jpg

072309002.jpg

072309003.jpg

072309004.jpg

Superb AJ, that last shot you must have been very close to him. What shutter speed are you using?

They don't sit still long enough for me to get my camera, on land. And I still refuse to take my camera out on the fishing boat, I'm clumsy.
But we do get some really pretty ones around here.

Great pics! Thanks!

He is sucking your plants dry AJ. Ha ah just kidding. Nice shot. We dont get many dragon flies around here to get shots of,,,, mostly bees and regular house flies.

great pics guys...keepen comin'

Yep, those are Dragonflies. Wouldn't it be cool if they could breath fire like real dragons? They'd be so dangerous but so cute with little puffs of fire occasionally shooting out their tiny mouths.

imaguitargod said:
Yep, those are Dragonflies. Wouldn't it be cool if they could breath fire like real dragons? They'd be so dangerous but so cute with little puffs of fire occasionally shooting out their tiny mouths.

Ah YES!!!

Not a dragon fly and not to get off topic but thought it was pretty cool as well....Tony05 took it in his back yard last summer.

Bumblebee.jpg

Killer bee shot moyboy! I'll have to start a new thread with all my cool spider and insect shots!

And Thanatopsis my camera is just a crappy Canon Powershot SD450. 5.0 megapixels. The macro on those Canon's work very well.

Back