• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Dumb Question

My first attempt at growing super-hots is yielding some beautiful fruit, I have about 12 Bhut's and Scorpion's with fruit on. Every year we have about 100 teens over for a pool party and the older ones 18+(younger ones too but I won't feed them peppers)have been harassing me since I started my seeds that they can handle any peppers. My question is; is the heat of the peppers consistent by plant? Meaning if I eat a killer pepper from a plant can the same plant produce a dud?
Thanks,
Fred

I think you will thoroughly enjoy humbling some 18 year old testosterone fuelled machismo !

But to answer your question, each cycle seems to have similar heat, as stated above. its when you start changing variables,( heat, water, light levels, etc,) that you mess with the heat production

That's no dumb question! I've been wondering the same thing. For your kids, you could cut up a bell pepper into little pieces and give that to them first... build there confidence. But don't tell them it's a bell pepper. Use your best discretion, and just have fun.

That's no dumb question! I've been wondering the same thing. For your kids, you could cut up a bell pepper into little pieces and give that to them first... build there confidence. But don't tell them it's a bell pepper. Use your best discretion, and just have fun.

Giving peppers to tough guys is fun :hell: The biggest talkers won't handle a habanero, but for some you might need to bring out the bhuts. Some might be a little milder, but if a guy can handle the mildest one, the hottest one would only give him a little more trouble anyway, most bhuts don't test below 800,000 scoville.

A friendly word of caution RUSTYBUCKET.

Bhuts aren't for most folks, especially young-dumbs.

Bhuts have put people in the hospital.

Hosting a party for teenagers and feeding them bhuts might not be a great idea. Really BAD things could happen.

Just sayin.

A friendly word of caution RUSTYBUCKET.

Bhuts aren't for most folks, especially young-dumbs.

Bhuts have put people in the hospital.

Hosting a party for teenagers and feeding them bhuts might not be a great idea. Really BAD things could happen.

Just sayin.

I agree. This can especially be a problem if one has asthma problems. I have personnaly seen a kid at a friends house get taken away in an ambulance from eating an orange hab. He told no one he had asthma and it caused it to flare up and nothing was working to stop it.

I agree. This can especially be a problem if one has asthma problems. I have personnaly seen a kid at a friends house get taken away in an ambulance from eating an orange hab. He told no one he had asthma and it caused it to flare up and nothing was working to stop it.

Evolution in action... Damn ambulance is opposing nature

Thanks so much for the info and cautions I will definitely exercise caution, but I have a few guys who I see breaking a sweat with the wings I make with a Scotch Bonnet BBQ sauce, and they say it's no big deal so those are my victims. I cut open a bhut and scorpion last night and we just rubbed a toothpick on the inside and tasted, my tongue burned for at least 1/2 an hour. It seemed the scorpion had more of an instant punch though went right down my throat. Can't imagine chewing one of these.
Thank you all for helping me on my first Super HOT experience,
Fred
PS my boys want to post some youtube reactions so I will keep you posted.

I don't know that I would feed them a whole one, but maybe slicing up some rings would not be too bad. As you found out, it doesn't take much of any of the super hots to light a fire, a fire that just keeps going and going.

Back