• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Durham Bull's First Glog [2012]

Testing, testing ...

This will be my first season of growing superhots. I'd like to thank everyone here who shared the seeds with me, especially AjiJoe, Mopeppa, Wayright, Lanman, Spicegeist, Hot Stuff , AtomicCobra, RedtailForester, Chilefreak ... and all the great info on growing chiles.
I will post more photos as the season progress.
Thanks,
Sy

6922404810_ca02e2b516_z.jpg

6921545240_c5aa223ace_z.jpg

6921550808_4dcd7f72ba_z.jpg

6921549044_9d0c618a5e_z.jpg

6921546618_8ec59fdf40_z.jpg

Sorry Sauga ... The list: It's a work in progress.
There are about 1-3 seedlings of each;

T Scorp. Butch T 3
T Scorp Yellow 2
T Scorp Chocolate 4
7 Pot Jonah 3
7 Pot Yellow 3
7 Pot Red 2
Bhut Carbon 2
Bhut Red 2
Morugah Red 2
Naga Morich 2
Naga Black 1
Naga Dorset (NOT) 3
Brain Strain 4
Datil 2
Scarlet Lantern 1
Thai 3
Jamaican SB - Yellow 2
Chinese 5 Colour 3
Carib Red 4
Banda 1
Mystery 2

Thanks DVD, looking forward to warmer weather so I can bring the plants out in the garden.

Santino is a 2 y/o Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

Sy

List looks good, you are in for one nasty hot summer of eating peppers. My brother-in-law use to live in Raleigh and I know the uncomfortable heat of a North Carolina summer. Have you thought of buying some shade cloth to put the plants under?

Hey Sauga,
It's really hot (& humid) down here in July & August (thank God for central air)
Our garden gets a lot of morning & noon sun but mostly shade in the afternoon due to all the pines.
No need for shade cloth.

How's everything growing for you? Saw your slug attack elsewhere... I had that issue too, the bugs seemed to have loved the easy winter, but as the temps warm up the plants outpace their pests...

Hey Charles,
Yep got whacked with the slugs. Half of the plants are recovering. I've been going out at night with salt, beer, and scissors... It has been dry for the last couple days so there aren't too many slugs. Suppose to rain/storm tonight.
I will post a few photos today.
Thanks,
Sy

Here's the latest on my first growing adventure:

Bhut

Bhut Jolokia by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr

Brain Strain

7 Pot Brain Strain by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr

Thai, Jalepeno, Jamaican Scotch Bonnets, Caribbean Reds, Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate

Thai, Jalepeno, Jamaican Scotch Bonnets, Caribbean Reds, Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr

7 Pots (Jonah, Yellow, Red) Scarlet Lantern, Bhut Jolokia

7 Pots (Jonah, Yellow, Red) Scarlet Lantern, Bhut by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr

Bhut Carbon, Brain Strain, TS Yellow

Bhut Carbon, Brain Strain, TS Yellow by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr

Datil, Banda, Bhut Carbon

Datil, Banda, Bhut Carbon by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr

Naga Morich, Naga Dorset, 5 color

Naga Dorset (3) Mystery (1) by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr

Trinidad Scorpions Butch T, 7 Pot Brain Strain, Morougah Red

TS Butch T, Brain Strain, Morougah Red by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr

TS Butch T

TS Butch T by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr

[sub]Jalapeno[/sub]

[sub][sub]
Jalapeno by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr[/sub][/sub]

[sub][sub]Naga Dorsett?[/sub][/sub]

[sub][sub]
Naga Morich? by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr[/sub][/sub]

[sub][sub]
Naga Morich? by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr[/sub][/sub]

[sub][sub]
IMG_6856 by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr[/sub][/sub]

[sub][sub]Chiles[/sub][/sub]

[sub][sub]
IMG_6857 by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr[/sub][/sub]

[sub][sub]Chiles[/sub][/sub]

[sub][sub]
IMG_6850 by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr[/sub][/sub]

[sub][sub]&[/sub][/sub]

[sub][sub]
Chiles by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr[/sub][/sub]

the ones u have labeled naga dorsett, if nagas they be are either pc-1 or some wonky hybrid just so u know! the naga shape is wider at the top and more pointy at the bottom, plus thesuperhots, minus a few rare exceptions all are pendant pods those are growing like a frutescens or baccatum, interesting, good looking plants nonetheless good luck w/ your grow fellow tarheel( though a state or duke fan u may be)

Thanks CF,
The shapes of those pods are a little different than the ones I googled for Naga Dorsett. They're even different from the other 2 Dorsetts next to it. I don't know...
I am waiting for it to grow out to see what they really are. Your plants are doing well too.

we are having very good growing weather this year for sure! continued success! i havent found a chile pepper i dont like yet so im sure whatever they are they will be good!

good growing Sy.. let me know how them jamaican scotch bonnet turns out...i have a few plants growing.. but are from tradewindfruits.. so dont know if theyll grow true... so far growing like annuums...the other i have is jamaican hot chocolate.. i have one seedling "JSB" but its still tiny and dont think i will get any pods this season... send some photos.. would love to see how the pods look

Something not right there Sy (on them Naga`s) whats the blue thingy?

Mezo.

Hey Mez,
That's the blue bottle tree I grown for the last few years. Found it at a yard sale and keep adding to it. A good way to hang the reisling containers.

I'm waiting on the naga(s) to mature... hopefully we can figure out exactly what they are.

Ahh, the fabled Blue Glass Tree Scorpion....those are fun to grow :dance:
Got some great varities growing there...plenty of heat will follow :onfire:

Ahhh the heat!!! :rolleyes:

King,
The Jamaicans are doing well. Starting to flower... will see. I'll post photos here soon.

Thanks guys ...

Back