• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

East Coasters, How much snow are you getting?

Well my forecast is for somewhere between 6-12" in NJ. Right now I have about an inch. I wonder if I'm really going to have to shovel tomorrow morning :mouthonfire: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Brooklyn: It's sticking, but it's a little wet of a snow. Not the fluffy nice stuff.

None!

I should be in bed but I started reading all the weather warnings for this area, and then I went outside and checked. Buncha liars! There's nary a flake of snow in sight.

I Want A Snow Day!

they always make such a big deal on the news. It's like the boy who cried wolf. They have to be right sooner or later

crappy pic and out of focus, but you get the idea!

snow002.jpg

Bout 3-4 inches in Asheville, NC. Snowed all damn day, and it took until 3:00pm for it to start stickin around.

7-8 inches of snow so far here!

I would gladly take some precipitation no matter what form it comes in...haven't had any measureable rain in probably 2 weeks...

Nada snow here.

AJ,
Had an inch of rain 2 nights ago and 2" last week. Still haven't had to water the in-ground plants other than what they get from my dishwater disposal system. :P

is it cold down there this morning Carol?..

from what the farmers almanac says, we will be at a 6" rain deficit this June, July, and August...that means my water bill is going to be way on the high side...it is kinda just the opposite here as it is living close to the coast...you have to worry about good draining soil down there but here you want to retain as much water as you can without the plants sitting in mud up here...

FiveSix said:
Well my forecast is for somewhere between 6-12" in NJ. Right now I have about an inch. I wonder if I'm really going to have to shovel tomorrow morning :mouthonfire: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hey Think of the good things.....if you were a teacher then at least you get a snow day.

Northern VA only got a couple inches which isn't bad, but of course VDOT didn't plow the roads or lay down salt so many cars were in ditches.

AlabamaJack said:
is it cold down there this morning Carol?..

Not as cold as predicted. Didn't get frost - about 34F.
They've revised the forecast for the next 2 days though and now it looks like high 20's a couple of nights. I guess the cold is moving slower than expected. At least the freakin' wind has stopped blowing!

I don't think we have even had a snow flurry this year...a little ice but that is it...has been a very dry winter so far...

No recent snow here thankfully, but cold. I just cleared all the snow off my polytunnel to let some light/heat in, now only about a month to go:)

AlabamaJack said:
I would gladly take some precipitation no matter what form it comes in...haven't had any measureable rain in probably 2 weeks...

It started raining about lunch time Friday and rained pretty much through until late last night some time. News and officials keep saying we're in drought, but the low spot in my front yard has been soggy since Christmas.

No snow last night, and a quick check of co-workers shows no snow where any of them lived.

8-10" here and still snowing an 1" an hr supposed to end in a couple more hours then drifts -- wind chills in the single digits -- Gotta love New England

I watched the local news last night and boy were they poking fun at the east coasters...lol... you guys be careful!!!

We just got a dusting of snow but OMG did it get cold again!! went down to 7 degrees

Back