• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

East Coasters, How much snow are you getting?

Dyce51 said:
I watched the local news last night and boy were they poking fun at the east coasters...lol... you guys be careful!!!

We just got a dusting of snow but OMG did it get cold again!! went down to 7 degrees

Officials closed all the schools, the governor put all state government employees on delayed start, most of the day cares closed, and we don't have the first flake of snow.

On the plus side I'll get a couple of hours of comp time for being in to work on time, which I will use to leave early on a nice spring day.

Really coming down here now, so far about 8 inches, roads were ok when I left my house, about 2 mins later roads were covered again, Reminds me of Iceland.

Pam said:
Officials closed all the schools, the governor put all state government employees on delayed start, most of the day cares closed, and we don't have the first flake of snow.

On the plus side I'll get a couple of hours of comp time for being in to work on time, which I will use to leave early on a nice spring day.

Hell we gotta get at least 5-10 inches before they close schools around here!! LOL

Comp time is always a good thing!! :lol:

Yeah I definitely got killed overnight.... I have a 2-3 foot snow drift outside my backdoor! lol. Time to go burn some calories! And you guys down south are never prepared for snow!! In canada or buffalo they need a foot before they get bothered, in nyc we need a few inches, south of maryland all you guys need is a 10% chance of snow and the state declares an emergency lolol :-p

How were they making fun of us in Ohio? :)

FiveSix said:
And you guys down south are never prepared for snow!! In canada or buffalo they need a foot before they get bothered, in nyc we need a few inches, south of maryland all you guys need is a 10% chance of snow and the state declares an emergency lolol :-p

Pretty much. I love how people rush out to stock up on supplies, like snow lasts more than 24 hours around here.

Well here in central Va we got about 6 inches.Great snow too!Melting like crazy today but was great in the hot tub last night!

Back